• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DDI Tempest Fighter attack bonus addition bug?

Uruush

First Post
Making a Solomon Kane -inspired Tempest Fighter in DDI and it's got my ATT Bonus as +11. I'm not seeing how or why it's adding +2 in my "Misc" box.

Att Bonus 1/2 level Abil Class Prof Feat Enh Misc
+11 +1 +4 +3 +1 +2

Seems like it should just be +1 in the Misc box for the Tempest Technique, but it's making it +2 (which screws up my power cards). Am I missing something or should it be +10 AB as I think it should?

TEMPEST FIGHTER, level 2
Human, Fighter
Build: Tempest Fighter
Fighter Talents: Tempest Technique
Background: Magic Scholar

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 13, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8.

Starting Ability Scores
Str 16, Con 13, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8.

AC: 19 Fort: 18 Reflex: 14 Will: 14
HP: 34 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 8

TRAINED SKILLS
Heal, History, Arcana, Athletics, Religion.

FEATS
1: Action Surge
1: Two-Weapon Fighting
2: Initiate of the Faith

POWERS
1, At-Will: Dual Strike
1, At-Will: Footwork Lure
1, At-Will: Cleave
1, Encounter: Funneling Flurry
1, Daily: Tempest Dance
2, Utility: Pass Forward

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Dagger (2), Inescapable Short sword +1, Bloodclaw Short sword +1, Dwarven Chainmail +1

FrozenChrono

First Post
+1 level +4 str +1 weapon +1 tempest technique +3 prof bonus = 11

+10 looks right to me. Let me see here.

Maybe the program/programmer used the +2 to damage you get for wielding off hand weapons and put it in the to hit somehow?

Last edited:

nogray

Adventurer
Inescapable?

I wonder if it could be adding in the bonus from the inescapable property on your swords...
DDI Compendium said:
Property: Each time you miss a target with this weapon, you gain a cumulative +1 bonus (up to the weapon’s enhancement bonus) to your next attack roll with this weapon against the same target. The bonus ends if you attack a different target or when you hit.
If that is the case, try equipping a normal +1 short sword in place of the inescapable one and see if that helps.

Liminosse

First Post
Doesn't change anything, seens to be just a bug. The +2 misc is only on the final character sheet, when building it still only says +1 from tempest, but still totals +11 for some reason. Perhaps should report this on the ddi forums so they might squeeze it in before release :)

Liminosse Starstone

You could maybe work around it by claiming to be using a sickle? It's effectively the same thing as a shortsword except only +2 prof., so it will lower your attack rolls by one.

Remove ads