DDXP 2010 News and Updates

darjr

I crit!
09September1.jpg

Is this the final art for the new 'red box'?

I like it.

from ddmspoilers.com • View topic - Next Year's WotC Product Releases

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Is this the final art for the new 'red box'?

I like it.

So it seems to be a red box, in a literal sense. I like it too, and it'll be interesting to see where this goes.

Red Box D&D (Mentzer version) is what got me into D&D in the first place. So if they hew closely to that, my nostalgic craving will be satisfied. Time will tell if that is also a viable strategy for aquisition of new gamers.

/M

Rechan

Adventurer
General question: How is this going to be marketed to get new folks into D&D? I mean, it's all wel and good to make a Box game, but that doesn't send out a signal to young gamers.

Are they going to put it in toy stores? Run commercials? How are they going to get it in the new gamers' eyes?

General question: How is this going to be marketed to get new folks into D&D? I mean, it's all wel and good to make a Box game, but that doesn't send out a signal to young gamers.

Are they going to put it in toy stores? Run commercials? How are they going to get it in the new gamers' eyes?

the current basic box set was in our local Toys R us for christmas, and I know some walmarts sell the books (just not around here) so I have to think that is the start of moveing in the right direction...

now some ads in comics, and on satermaorning cartoons (are there still sat morning cartoons?), and some better placement in local stores could show a big boom in the 8-16 age range...

filthgrinder

First Post

One of the reasons cited was that traditional book sellers didn't have a good direction to point people interested in the game. Or if they got the "starter set" they didn't know where to go from there. This series is to develop a clear product path for people getting into the game.

I think the price is what matters here: 25$ to get everything you need for the beginning sounds a lot better than 90$ if you don´t have a clue what this game is about...

so, this box should come out as a good way to make people interested in the game... and it doesn´t sound as a bad startingpoint either...

Remove ads