Level Up (A5E) de-OGL-ifying Level Up?

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
They could almost certainly become just "angel-blooded" and "devil-blooded." Even if aasimar and tiefling are fully open (they're not listed as forbidden in the OGL or anything), it might be better to de-D&D-ize them as much as possible.

FWIW, Heroforge instead of tiefling has "half-demon" and "infernal" (they both look like tieflings; "infernal" has wings) and "celestial".

Fiendfolk and angelfolk might be good. Or just have a species called "Outsider" and then they could have infernal, celestial, elemental, or other planar traits to choose from.

TheHand

Adventurer
I'm assuming whatever a de-OGL-ified version of LevelUp will be, would still be mostly backwards-compatible with the existing materials? Asking for someone who owns all the existing hardbacks but doesn't have the disposable income to rebuy them ;)

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
I'm assuming whatever a de-OGL-ified version of LevelUp will be, would still be mostly backwards-compatible with the existing materials? Asking for someone who owns all the existing hardbacks but doesn't have the disposable income to rebuy them ;)
Yes.

The intent is mostly rewording and renaming things away from what is contained in the D&D SRD. The underlying math and stuff doesn't need to change, and we're doing what we can to keep the action economy and stuff exactly the same with different names.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Yes.

The intent is mostly rewording and renaming things away from what is contained in the D&D SRD. The underlying math and stuff doesn't need to change, and we're doing what we can to keep the action economy and stuff exactly the same with different names.
I recommend not making "Hit Dice" be "Hits To Kill." It didn't work out so well for the last guys who tried.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Has this been decided? I wasn't aware that a decision regarding Level Up's future has been made, but people are talking here as if it has been.

xiphumor

Legend
Has this been decided? I wasn't aware that a decision regarding Level Up's future has been made, but people are talking here as if it has been.
Not officially decided, but Morrus floated it on Twitter as a way that ENP might respond to the OGL nonsense if it goes through.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases