• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Death and Destruction

Magi_Trelian

First Post
A well-scribed notice is tacked to the corkboard:

Yestereve, a fire was reported at the smithy south of Ford Keep by the riverside. Three bodies were found alongside the corpses of 12 wolves. Anyone with information as to the occurrence should report said information to the proper town authorities. Those travelling in that vicinity should take appropriate precautions.

Labrynth

First Post
*Attached to this note is another. In a practiced hand of plain black ink.*

I know the man, Wendigo, that owns this smithy. Would you please give me directions to where the bodies were taken? I'd like to collect him, if that is alright. He has no remaining family. I also have information about this, would you like to meet to discuss it?

With regret that such as come to pass,
Lark

Lily

First Post
Lark,

My Uncle and I from Monroe Forge send our regards, and if you, your family, or love ones need any assitance; please do not hesitant to contact us. Wendigo's forge (though neither of us have met) has had a great reputation amongst town, and we are deeply sadden to see he has left our business community.

Please do not hesitate to contact us.

Barridan

First Post
Info

*a tall man dressed in dark blue robes looks to the messages and chuckles evilly before with a flick of his wrist a reply appears on the board tacked up beside the original note the tack appears to be a sharpened incisor*

Yes I have information regrding the carnage, though the information shall stay with myself for I have no reason to tell any authorities.You are all fools if you think that the one known as Wendigos death can be avenged or even justice brought.

*the message is signed with a stap of wax colored red as dark as blood the stamp hs one single letter B*

Labrynth

First Post
*Scrawled in black ink on another scrap of parchment, the script leans sideways and almost rips through the page.*

Let justice be done, though the heavens fall. The fool is the one that think he knows all for he knows nothing, such arrogance makes one blind and dull. High as you may dream to be, you shall fall the farther for it.

I shall not give in to the pathetic attempt to cause fear.

Lark, for I give my name... but you seem afraid to, coward.

Barridan

First Post
*chuckles reading Larks reply before with the same flick of his wrist another note is left*

Lark you dont know as much as you think about me.........I know more about Wendigos death than you think......My name shall be revealed when the time is right but be forewarned I am not a child that doesnt know what hes doing

*again the redwaxed B is stamped on the note*

Lily

First Post
Mister B,

Your feeble attempt to be intimidating is definitely feeble. May I offer a bit of advice?

Mister Wendigo is dead. That has been made prefectly clear. Keeping a corpse that will eventually rot is entirely a waste of your evil time. I suggest returning it. If you're trying to cause pain by keeping the corpse, it won't do it. And if murder is your way of expressing your pain and future plans for the people of Ford's Keep, giving them a visible example of your deed will definitely cause more heads to turn at a funeral then on a piece of measly paper. If you're seeking some type of monetary payment for the corpse. I am certainly interested in solving this meager problem (No offense, Lark).

Sincerely,
Lily Monroe

Zaxax

First Post
*written on ancient parchment, with the slight smell of brimstone*

To the anonomous one,

There must be a better why to get a point across. Burning houses and such is so simple an goblin can do it. And then using notes to try and frighten people? Surely you can do better than this. I must say, your crude attempt at terrorism is most pathetic. Perhaps when you find a way to really hurt people you may be taken seriously. But, perhaps not.

Zaxax, First of the Eighth

Lily

First Post
Mister Zaxax,

I realize this off topic, but my infernal is extremely bad. It normally is for humans. I had to ask a nearby fiend. Since unfortunately the establishment is littered with them.

May I inquire whom the Master is?

Sincerely,
Lily Monroe

Barridan

First Post
Mmmm

My dear Lily,
I do not nor have I ever thought that my reponses were intimidating I am not holding Wedigos body in the least I care not what you do with his body. But I do say do not cross me for you could very well join him easily if thats what you wish. Be careful what you wish for it just may come true.

*the same red waxed seal is placed as a signature of B*

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads