• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Death from Above" attack bonuses?

LokiDR

First Post
Caliban said:
If you land on him, I would make your falling damage subdual (being cushioned by his body), while he takes falling damage, plus an extra d6 for every 200 lbs you weigh.

Subdual (non-leathal :( ) damage sounds good, but the extra 1d6/200# sounds out of whack. I think if weight was going to be an issue, you should use the telekinisis 1-1d6 per 25 pounds. 1d6 if you are in platemail and 1 if you are unarmored and fat :).

Also, if you are doing falling damage, there should be some check for them to avoid or you to hit. Opposed attack and reflex save sounds like the best option, or maybe just a reflex save DC your BAB +10.

Caliban said:
I'd also have a check to see if one or both of you are prone. (Perhaps each one of you get's a free trip attack against the other.)

I seem to recall there is a check like this somewhere already, but I can't seem to find it in the SRD. If memory serves, it is reflex DC 15. This could go up for a person untrained in jumping or a person caught unawares.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
LokiDR said:

Subdual (non-leathal :( ) damage sounds good, but the extra 1d6/200# sounds out of whack. I think if weight was going to be an issue, you should use the telekinisis 1-1d6 per 25 pounds. 1d6 if you are in platemail and 1 if you are unarmored and fat :).

Hey, that's the rules for falling object damage in the DMG: 1d6 per 200 lbs of weight.

orbitalfreak

First Post
I would give bonuses for "High Ground," "Charging," and implement the suggested "Defender takes falling damage, while attacker takes non-lethal damage" rule. Don't forget to consider whether the opponent is flat-footed or surprised in relation to you.

LokiDR

First Post
Caliban said:

Hey, that's the rules for falling object damage in the DMG: 1d6 per 200 lbs of weight. [/B]

1d6/10' + 1d6/200lbs of weight regardless of material? I haven't checked that, but it just doesn't seem right.

Phaoz

Explorer
LokiDR said:

1d6/10' + 1d6/200lbs of weight regardless of material? I haven't checked that, but it just doesn't seem right.

dMG page 303

If the falling object weighs less then 200lbs. it hasd to fall further to do the +1d6 (SEE TABLE 8-4(also on page 303 of the dmg)).

Last edited:

LokiDR

First Post
Phaoz said:

dMG page 303

If the falling object weighs less then 200lbs. it hasd to fall further to do the +1d6 (SEE TABLE 8-4(also on page 303 of the dmg)).

I don't have access to internet and my DMG at the same time. Do you have an SRD reference?

daTim

First Post
There is a feat in Unapproachable East that allows you do jump down on a person from at least 10 feet and inflict double damage. I cant remember the name and I'm at work, but I remember looking at it just yesterday.

Darklone

Shows again how nicely people read my posts.

Guess why my shaman wildshapes into large eagle form? For more weight. Yes, the rules for damage falling on someone seem out of whack. It's a game, after all.

And yes, both guys take the falling damage, while the guy below (in case he gets hit) takes extra damage for the weight of the creature/object .

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads