• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Death of a Hero...

Breakstone

First Post
My god are those pictures awesome!

By the way, I've had that whole "Because I'm the DM, the monster will be like this" attitude for a while now, isn't it great?

So I want a little purple evil looking dude without having him be a CR 5 demon... I'll just make a halfling rogue and have him not be halfling!

Miniatures:

It al started out when I got a box of that Master Maze stuff on a whim. After a while it sort of became a routine thing to set up a few obstacles, things to hide behind and take cover and such.. Just to make battles more tactically interesting.

Eventually Joel joined the group and he doubled our miniatures resources (most of his stuff is actually plastic monsters and party favors, but they look great when you use scenery).. Joel came up with the walls of fire and the use of synthetic furniture stuffing for clouds and steam.

And it sort of grew from there. Now I have another player building stuff- the wooden watchtower and palisade in the 5th gallery came from another player. The "ice" we used in the battle with the white dragon is just some crupled wax paper we laid down smooth over the playing surface.

Before we started taking pictures we also did an entire waterfall, a battle in a table-top sized graveyard, a ship-to-ship aerial battle that actually took up an entire basement floor (tha twas fun) and several dungeons with master-maze. The dungeon pieces pictured are actually Hirst-Arts molds from Joel.

Remove ads