ZEITGEIST Death of the Author -- coming soon!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Coming to Kickstarter in about 3 weeks -- the first new ZEITGEIST adventure in a long time!

Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 12.11.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 12.12.43 AM.png

MarkM

Explorer
I saw an early version of this adventure, and it was excellent. Can't wait to jump in on the kickstarter! I hope everything will be done in a way that makes it easy to set up and play on a VTT (player and DM versions of maps, etc) or that a Roll20 version will be offered for sale or as a stretch goal.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I saw an early version of this adventure, and it was excellent. Can't wait to jump in on the kickstarter! I hope everything will be done in a way that makes it easy to set up and play on a VTT (player and DM versions of maps, etc) or that a Roll20 version will be offered for sale or as a stretch goal.
The latter, unlikely. I applied for a Roll20 marketplace account to sell Awfully Cheerful Engine!, but that entire Kickstarter has come and gone, the books are on their way to backers, and I still haven't gotten a response from them, despite a followup email.

MarkM

Explorer
Thanks for the quick response. The Roll20 versions that Tormyr has done are better than what I could do on my own and also saved an incredible amount of time. Even with everything set up, the complexity of the Gears can demand a lot of prep time even when all the heavy lifting is done for you already. The big thing for VTTs, I think, is versions of maps that don't show secrets (like secret doors) and where the cells go to the edge of the page. When maps are named something like (SampleMap 30x40) it makes it really easy to align the grid. Maps that have fluff or names on one or more edges outside of the map grid are the hardest and most annoying. All of these probably add little time to create on the front end, but are difficult to go back and do later. Portraits for tokens, like the ones you showed above, are also helpful, but maps are the real potential time-killer I think.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases