• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dee and Herman Secure Deal to Publish Villains & Vigilantes

rcade

Hero
After the longest court battle in the history of tabletop roleplaying games -- four years, eight months and 16 days -- the creators of Villains & Vigilantes have secured the rights to publish the game they created as teens in the 1970s. On Tuesday night, Jeff Dee and Jack Herman of Monkey House Games uploaded a version of the game to DriveThruRPG that included some new text in the copyright indicia (emphasis mine):

The Monkey House Games logo is a trademark owned by Monkey House Games. All characters, character names, and the distinctive likenesses thereof are trademarks owned by Monkey House Games. Villains and Vigilantes is a trademark of Scott Bizar, used with permission.

The full story is on my blog:

http://workbench.cadenhead.org/news/3749/villains-vigilantes-creators-win

Hussar

Legend
V&V was the first supers RPG I ever played. Loved the system. Unbelievably easy to break the system, but, still barrels of fun.

Remove ads