Deepwarden's Con bonus to AC & armor

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Scion said:
Well, that is more than good enough for me to say that con modifier is definately not effected by the max dex of armor. ;)

Absolutely. The best way to settle a rules argument is to find out what Customer Service says on the subject and do the opposite.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Gez said:
Yes. If it's restricted by armor, then it applies against touch attacks.

I wouldn't if it wasn't restricted by armor (I would consider it some sort of natural armor gained through the stonewarden's resolveful inertia).

But he's really using his Con instead of his Dex, so, it follows all the rules for the Dex bonus to AC.
Interesting.

I'd have to say I agree with this. Moreover, the point is making me consider just allowing it to supercede the Max Dex rules. The loss of touch AC is certainly a balancing factor.
Jeremy said:
It really never got much attention in the game, even though the dwarf in question had 24 or 26 CON. Multiple ability score dependancy levels that advantage out very quickly.
How does MAD come into play? A deepwarden is already going to want a high Con, so this ability doesn't mean he'd have more MAD than usual. Does the Deepwarden in general create MAD?

Atherlos

First Post
Avoiding MAD is a great reason to play Deepwarden. Starting with ranger, requirements are easy with 8 int, only stat needed besides con is str really. I'm mixing in a few other prestige classes to make a blacksmith (creating arms&armor at lvl 17) that gets strong will/fort saves and high bab/damage output. Deepwarden is icing on the cake really, but hey, I like ice.

-- Atherlos

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Atherlos said:
Avoiding MAD is a great reason to play Deepwarden. Starting with ranger, requirements are easy with 8 int, only stat needed besides con is str really. I'm mixing in a few other prestige classes to make a blacksmith (creating arms&armor at lvl 17) that gets strong will/fort saves and high bab/damage output. Deepwarden is icing on the cake really, but hey, I like ice.
Fair enough. But Jeremy seemed to be claiming that MAD was a detriment that quickly balanced out the advantage of the Deepwarden's Con-instead-of-Dex ability ignoring Max Dex. Your comment seems to contradict his, in the sense that for you, the Deepwarden is reducing MAD, which is no penalty at all but a benefit. And you can't balance a powerful benefit with another benefit. ;)

Remove ads