Default "PoL" Setting - Setting Info Compilation (Now Wikified!)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, since people seem to be fairly keen to tell other people to put it on the Wiki... I spent 5 minutes and copied/pasted the first post in this thread into it to get you started.

fba827

Adventurer
Well, since people seem to be fairly keen to tell other people to put it on the Wiki... I spent 5 minutes and copied/pasted the first post in this thread into it to get you started.

Ha, nice work, Morrus. Keep in mind it's a holiday weekend in the states so the rest of us on this side of the pond are slow / on vacation / etc :) I'll pop on the wiki (why does that sound so dirty?) after the weekend to see if there is anything i can contribute ;)

Last edited:

Mathew_Freeman

First Post

Hah, funny guy. Good move though - I'm still quiet at work this week so hopefully I can get a bit done on this.

Oompa

First Post
As the new AP from dungeon has come forth, and uses the Elsir Vale, are we going to use the AP information for the official wiki POL??

fodigg

First Post
timeline

I will cross-post this from a thread on the WotC forums:

_Jayne_Cobb_ (from WotC forums) said:
Has anyone compiled a timeline of the Points of Light setting details scattered throughout the 4e Core books?

Even just a sequence of events would be helpful:

Creation:
  • Reality becomes self-aware: Gods and primordials live in the astral sea and elemental chaos respectively.
  • Primordials create the world as a cycle of creation and destruction.
  • Gods stabalize the world and create races/creatures.
  • Primordials get p1ssed for super reals. War between gods and primordials. New creatures (such as elemental archons) created during war.
  • Primordials get pwnt. Gods now rule the world.

Ancient times:
  • Dwarves are enslaved by giants.
  • Moradin gets a clue (post victory over primordials?) and frees the dwarves.
  • Crazy god (nameless, called the "chained god") creates the Abyss and is imprisoned.
  • Asmodeus kills a god and takes over his house.
  • God who created humans dies (at the hand of Asmodeus?)
  • Lolth slums it up in the Abyss.
  • The drow, eladrin, and elves all split from each other.

Less-ancient times:
  • Arkhosia founded by the dragonborn. Big honkin empire.
  • Bael Turath founded by devil-worshipping humans who become the first tieflings.
  • The two empires come into contact with each other and fight.
  • The two empires are destoyed in the fighting.

Recent history:
  • Human empire of Nerath is good.
  • Human empire of Nerath is dead.
  • Points of Light are all that remains of Nerath.

Note: When I wrote this, it was off the top of my head. This would need to be checked out for errors, omissions, and should probably be changed to more formal language.

Last edited:

Remove ads