D&D General Definitive Greyhawk Adventure

digitalelf

Explorer
There was another adventure in 2E Greyhawk that was a better adventure, but I've forgotten the name. The party infiltrates the Empire of Iuz to rescue a political prisoner from Furyondy. It also has a lot of Greyhawk references that makes it definitively Greyhawk.

That would be - WGR6: The City of Skulls

JonnyP71

Explorer
Plenty of solid adventures that define Greyhawk for me - a historically inspired setting that is vanilla enough to allow a DM a lot of leeway with it, but yet contains a load of interesting fluff and inspiration - the heraldry, the titles, the regions clearly inspired by medieval European equivalents... Perrenland IS Switzerland.

U1-3
UK2-3 (and UK1)
I1 (drop C1 into the middle of it)
A1-4
S4 and WG4
GDQ1-7

There you go, a fine campaign sequence which takes you across the length and breath of the western portion of the map.

Torquar

Explorer
Vecna Lives was great! The look on your players faces when you hand them their character sheets for the evening (you're Bigby, you're Rary, you're Otiluke, you're Tenser, you're Mordenkainen...) was almost as good as the looks on their faces 15 minutes later :devil:.

Luz

Explorer
If I had to choose a single definitive GH module (and not a series of modules) my vote would be Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth. Tons of classic GH lore, awesome expanded wilderness, and a superb dungeon crawl. I would've chosen Vault of the Drow, but I kinda consider the underdark separate (even though it's still set in GH).

My runner-up vote is Mordenkainen's Fantastic Adventure.

Pauln6

Hero
The Falcon trilogy is a great one to run as it is set in Greyhawk city itself but otherwise the Slavers trilogy and GDQ are must plays.

GlassJaw

Hero
I came into Greyhawk in the late 80s and for me, "definitive" Greyhawk was the City of Greyhawk and From the Ashes boxed sets. Man did I pour over those for countless hours when I was kid.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases