Deliria RPG

Crothian

First Post
Mycanid said:
Wha? Could you explain more about this?

Also - what do the pc's primarily DO in this world. How are the "quests"/adventures carried out?

Is there anything like advancement in any way?

Please accept my apologies ... I always had a difficult time fully grasping diceless rpg's.

Understand, I only played a one shot.

The game seems to be about characters exploring and dealing with the fiarey world along with the current ones.

Advancement happens two ways. The first and more traditional is with XP. Characters get some for each session and increase their stats, abilities, and other numbers like most point buy games do. Also, the Guide (what they call DM) also can increase and decrease scores of people depending on the in character growth and developement.

The game is diceless but not rules light. Or not always rules light. They have advanced optional rules in the game so one can play it with different levels of complexity. The mechanic they use is card. One removes a red and black king and jokers are not used. The system works basically by adding an attribute and skill (they have different names for these but I'm not 100% on their vocabulary yet). Then one draws a card. A black card subtracts, a red card adds. Ace through ten are just numbers. Jacks are just nothing happens, queens are basic success or failure, kings are great success or great failure.

grodog

Hero
I met the Laughing Pan folks @ DunDraCon 2005 or 2004, and Deliria was pretty new at that time. It struck me, still, as very White Wolf-ish (not surprising given that Phil Brucato in one of the game's main designers): Changling with a dash of Mage, perhaps. At the time, Phil was looking for a company to produce a d20 version of the game, but I guess that's fallen by the wayside in the meanwhile. The art was pretty good (I met one of the artists too), as were the production values. I'm glad to see the game's still going; I wasn't sure it would differentiate itself sufficiently in the market to climb over the d20 hump/event horizon.

librarius_arcana

First Post
Crothian said:
I'm not sure many people know of this. It has been out for at least a year now but it was only a few months ago I heard anything.

I got this last year, I had high hopes, and found that it was crap, hippy crap, :\

I can't stand this game,

Crothian

First Post
grodog said:
I met the Laughing Pan folks @ DunDraCon 2005 or 2004, and Deliria was pretty new at that time. It struck me, still, as very White Wolf-ish (not surprising given that Phil Brucato in one of the game's main designers): Changling with a dash of Mage, perhaps. At the time

It is a bit white wolfish except instead of dark and depressing, it's colorful and happy. :cool:

Crothian

First Post
librarius_arcana said:
You have a list? :)

Ya, in the first post of this thread were my sig is shown is a link that goes to the market place forum where I have a large thread on sales and trades.

librarius_arcana

First Post
Crothian said:
It is a bit white wolfish except instead of dark and depressing, it's colorful and happy. :cool:

No, No it's not, lol

well unless you mean colorful in the LSD sense

And happy as in hippy,

the one thing I can't stand more than clowns :mad:

Hippys :mad: :mad:

(may have to retrain the monkeys)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases