[Delta Green] Operas and Avatars: Burn

G

Guest 11456

Katrina Sue Yoppeigh : Female Computer Programmer

Katrina hops into the car and then slows her breathing, trying to catch her breath. Once she starts breathing a bit slower she starts relaying her findings. "First we played only the video. It was a series of strange patterns. The visual effect was almost hypnotic. But it also felt unsettling. David thought that there might be subliminal messages hidden in the signal. Then we played the audio. It sounded like a Gregorian chant, but I was unfamiliar with the language. Several words sounded wrong. As if it would be impossible for a person to speak. As it ended I noticed that it had caused me to sweat. David had a similar reaction. The entire sequence is 45 seconds. When we played the two simutaneously... Well... That is when all hell broke loose. The area directly in front of the PC began to visually distort, like you see near a fire. David reported that the temperature inside the lab was increasing rapidly. Then there is a flash and a tiny red sphere was in the center of the distortion. It looked like a tiny red star. David activated the Halotron in the room to try and control the rising temperature. Then the red sphere appeared near the safety glass and melted it. Then it moved into the room where we were. David told me to get out." Katrina looks grave. "I do not know what became of David. We need to analyze the audio and visual separately. I have determined that this is safe. But we cannot do it together."

Gomez

First Post
"Damn!" says Barbara with a growl. "I told Alphonse that fooling around with that file was too dangerous."

She drives you to an apartment building in northern Washinton DC. "Here we found you a place to stay for a while." Barbara gives you a set of keys and a thick wad of cash. "We were able to drain your checking account before it got locked up. I am sorry but your apartment is being watched so we could not get any of your other belongings. Here is what I want you to do. Change your hair color and get it cut. I should have some new ID for you in a week or so. Just lay low and we will get hold of you in a few days. I am going to talk to Alphonse about this virius and see what he wants to do about it. But right now I don't want you messing with it. Got it?"

G

Guest 11456

Katrina Sue Yoppeigh : Female Computer Programmer

Katrina nods. "Make sure they understand that studying the separate components, audio and video, is safe. The small red sphere was about the size of a quarter." She takes the wad of money and the keys. "How about a red head? I always wondered what I would look like as a red head." She nods as she gets out of the car.

First she gets settled into the apartment a bit. Then she checks the local listings for a hair salon. Next she takes enough cash with her to get things taken care of. She goes and has her hair cut short and died red. Then she heads back to the apartment where she rests and awaits what comes next.

Gomez

First Post
The next couple of weeks go by. You are given a new driver's license, social security card, and birth certificate. Your new name is Janet Tyler. You are also got a job working at the Library of Congress as an assistant to a Professor Joseph Camp. Professor Camp is a pleasant man in is late 70's who is in charge of the Library's Research department. You know he works for Delta Green but exactly what he does is still a mystery. You mainly work on the computer system at the Library and currently are in the process of upgrading the hardware and software. Covertly you also work on channeling and processing reports from different Delta Green cells to A Cell, Adam and Alphonse.

Thus ends the adventure BURN!

Remove ads