Delta Green: Operas and Avatars [d20 COC]

Gomez

First Post
"Evil never dies. Darkness never retreats. In the cracks and the crevices of our society there are monsters undreamed of by the rank and file of humanity. I've been there. I've seen them. They exist in the spaces between things, in the folds of existence where we can't find them. Sometimes they cross over, sometimes they manifest, and all hell breaks loose. Only this is not Hell, nor Heaven. This is like nothing anyone has ever understood. This is pure evil, pure destruction. This is the Apocalypse."
-- Maj. Gen. Reginald Fairfield, U.S. Army (Ret.), 25 FEB 1994

While I am running a Masks of Nyarlathotep game on these board, I would like to run another game, Delta Green using d20 Call of Cthulhu rules. What is Delta Green you ask? Delta Green brings the Cthulhu Mythos, and the men and women who encounter it, squarely into the modern day. Delta Green postulates a secret group dedicated to investigating alien and supernatural horrors, using the resources of the U.S. government to do so. Originally a unit of the Office of Strategic Services (the forerunner of the Central Intelligence Agency), Delta Green is now officially disbanded, its activities patently illegal; but its members carry on no matter what the cost, desperately facing the horrors that threaten mankind.

"While filling out a report on the strange incident, I came across a set of notes and a reference to a directive dated 1 FEB 1928, stating that any unusual activity reported within five nautical miles of Devil's Reef must be immediately classified and forwarded to the Office of Naval Intelligence..."

I am looking for 4 players for this game. Any more than that will be put on an alternate list. Characters will start out with no knowledge of Delta Green or it's activities. They should be either government agents or employees. Think X-Files. Characters start at 6th level and abilities are determined using a 28 point buy. Hit points are max at first level and 4 points gained per level after that. Play will begin in the spring of 2005 in the Washington DC area.

"Maybe one day someone will come upon a freshly dug shaft which descends straight down two hundred feet beneath Manhattan off some ancient and forgotten subway spur, and start to ask some questions... Maybe they'll wonder why the tunnel is cut smooth with thousands of little scrapes, like it was dug by some giant mole. Maybe they'll wonder why someone would dig so deep..."

The game itself will be episodic. I am going to concentrate on short scenarios though their might be one or more underlining continuing plot lines running through the game. Delta Green is a game of secrets within secrets. If you have read the books and know what's what then thats just fine. If you don't have a clue then that great too! So just hang on tight and try and keep your skin and your sanity intact! (not likely though ;) )

Last edited:

taitzu52

First Post
Gomez! Bless your evil heart!!

Would love to play Delta Green, I have a lot of the material, as well as a few issues of the Unspeakable Oath. Also, it is pretty keen that I live and work just outside of DC. BUT, I do not own Cthulhu d20 as of yet. Is there any way I can get a little assistance until that happens? As far as canon goes, I hope I don't know....too much.

TZ

Gomez

First Post
taitzu52 said:
Gomez! Bless your evil heart!!

Would love to play Delta Green, I have a lot of the material, as well as a few issues of the Unspeakable Oath. Also, it is pretty keen that I live and work just outside of DC. BUT, I do not own Cthulhu d20 as of yet. Is there any way I can get a little assistance until that happens? As far as canon goes, I hope I don't know....too much.

TZ

Hey taitzu52! Glad to have you aboard. It will be nice to have someone from the DC area in the game. I am in Texas myself! So having someone who knows the area will really help. :cool:

As for character building, I can help you work one up. It's pretty easy really.

taitzu52

First Post
Cool, I guess I'll just throw a concept at you and you can d20 it up for me. So are you going to be operating in "cel" formation? Actives, sleepers, etc? Is there a certain area of government that we should stick to, or are (example) Department of Agriculture, or totally non-gov agents par for the course?

G

Guest 11456

Katrina Sue Yoppeigh
Female Human Technician (defense option) 6
Height: 5' 9''
Weight: 130 lbs
Hair: brunette
Eyes: brown

Str: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Dex: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Con: 8 (-1) [0 points]
Int: 19 (+4) [16 points, +1 level]
Wis: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Cha: 8 (-1) [0 points]

Hit Dice: 6d6-6
HP: 20
AC: 11 (+1 Dex)
Init: +1 (+1 Dex)
Speed: 30ft

Current Sanity: 50
Max Sanity: 99
20% sanity: 10

Saves
Fortitude: +1 [+2 base, -1 Con]
Reflex: +6 [+5 base, +1 Dex]
Will: +5 [+5 base, +0 Wis]

BAB: +3
MAB: +3
RAB: +4

Skills
Computer Use +18 [9 ranks, +4 Int, +2 gearhead, +3 emphasis]
Craft: Electronics +13 [9 ranks, +4 Int]
Demolitions +13 [9 ranks, +4 Int]
Disable Device +13 [9 ranks, +4 Int]
Drive +10 [9 ranks, +1 Dex]
Forgery +13 [9 ranks, +4 Int]
Knowledge: Electronics +13 [9 ranks, +4 Int]
Open Lock +10 [9 ranks, +1 Dex]
Operate Heavy Machinery +10 [9 ranks, +1 Dex]
Repair +18 [9 ranks, +4 Int, +2 gearhead, +3 emphasis]
Research +16 [9 ranks, +4 Int, +3 emphasis]
Search +16 [9 ranks, +4 Int]

Feats:
Gearhead (1st level)
Skill Emphasis: Computer Use (1st level)
Skill Emphasis: Repair (3rd level)
Skill Emphasis: Research (6th level)

Languages:
English

Equipment:
Savings - x$36,000
Yearly income - x$60,000.

Appearance:
Katrina is taller then an average woman in rather slim. She generally wears jeans and blouses with sneakers. She generally wears her mid back length hair in a pony tail. On very special occasions she can be seen in one of three dresses that she owns with the one pair of black high heels she owns. She generally wears contacts for her nearsightedness but can sometimes be seen wearing her wire rimmed glasses.

Personality:
Katrina tends to be very introverted. She typically goes straight to work and straight home. When not at work she is surfing the web or working on a number of pet projects.

Background:
As a child Katrina could best be described as a hacker. She has always liked working with computers and actually wrote a few viruses in her early days. But she never saw a reason to release them onto any systems.

After high school she went Texas A&M University where she received a B.S. in Computer Science. She has worked as a programmer for the last 10 years with a number of companies. Her restless spirit causes her to want to move on after only a few months. She doesn't have any real friends to speak of other then a high school friend, Geena Smart, that she occasionally goes to the mall with. She spends most of her free time at home working on various computer and electronic projects.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gomez

First Post
taitzu52 said:
Cool, I guess I'll just throw a concept at you and you can d20 it up for me. So are you going to be operating in "cel" formation? Actives, sleepers, etc? Is there a certain area of government that we should stick to, or are (example) Department of Agriculture, or totally non-gov agents par for the course?

I want to keep characters unaware of Delta Green at the start. As for character types, anything that DG would see as a possible assest would work. Government people, Doctors, etc.... A pair of government agents sans X-Files would be cool. You could just have been assigned each other as partners. If you have a idea just float it out there and let me see. Though I am pretty easy. :) A non-gov character could work too.

Hey Tailspinner! Ok, that makes two.

taitzu52

First Post
Two questions: will you be hosting this game on ENWorld? I'm asking due to the adult nature of Delta Green, and I'm usually a little restrained about my posts sometimes. Even in D&D. Delta Green is SO not D&D....or Modern....or Spycraft.
Second question relates to the first, will you be emailing off forum as well? DG is a game that is very very PB-email friendly, due to the consipratory, as opposed to group oriented, nature of the game.
Just ideas.
TZ

Hrothgar

First Post
Gomez
I've never played in a DG setting and I would be interested. I currently waiting on Isida's CoC game to get going so I am itching to play.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases