Delta Green: Operas and Avatars [d20 COC]

Maerdwyn

First Post
I'd love a shot at this as well, Gomez - I'm seeing a Philadelphia cop/detective who's been trying to get into the FBI, but has been rejected a few times for whatever reason. After his latest application, someone finally calls back. It's just not who he expected it to be...

Anyway, if there's space, let me know :)

Gomez

First Post
Nice to see some old and new faces!

Ok first off let me answer some questions.

Money - Let's take a average of 4 for the roll for income.

Languages - You don't get bonus languages equal to your INT bonus. I know it says so in the beginning of the book but there is a errata fixing that. Languages are gained through the Speak Other Language skill. Each differnent language is it's own skill.

E-mail - I will make my e-mail available so if you want to send me a message you can. I will also use the spoiler tag for those posts that are for a limited number of people. If you send me a e-mail put DG in the beginning of the subject line. Come to think of it! If your email is available, I might be sending you some IC e-mails throughout the game.

Adult nature of DG - Yes I will be hosting the game here. While DG can cover very adult themes, I don't want to upset Eric's Grandmother. ;) The only thing I can see that will be banned is adult language and explict sexual themes. Innuendo can go along way though!

I really like the format of Tailspinner's character sheet. So use it as a template. Post your characters in the Rogues Gallery HERE

There are five people interested so far. I am a big old softy so I will let you all in the game. Though I will not open the game to any new players until or if we drop to 3 players.

The Players

taitzu52
Tailspinner
Committed Hero
Hrothgar
Maerdwyn

I know everyone will be coming up with interesting characters but try and work out among yourselves a good balanced group. Coming up with some sort of connection between different characters will be a big plus.

Last edited:

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Gomez said:
I know everyone will be coming up with interesting characters but try and work out among yourselves a good balanced group. Coming up with some sort of connection between different characters will be a big plus.

I know all those sacrifices to nameless gods wouldn't go for naught!

Have we been assigned to a cell or will this be our glorious introduction to DG?

If cell=yes I'd like to play a gun bunny
If not, I'll go with what the group and Keeper need.

Maerdwyn

First Post
I too will go with group/keeper need...

Tailspinner looks to have a techie, so what are our thoughts on other needs?

I've been thinking of a cop background with investigative skills, street smarts, and some moderate offense capability, but could easily go a different direction.

Last edited:

Gomez

First Post
Committed Hero said:
I know all those sacrifices to nameless gods wouldn't go for naught!

Have we been assigned to a cell or will this be our glorious introduction to DG?

If cell=yes I'd like to play a gun bunny
If not, I'll go with what the group and Keeper need.

Yummy! Gun Bunnies taste like chicken!

I am going for the Glorious Introduction to Delta Green route!

Maerdwyn, your cop idea sounds great.

Hrothgar

First Post
Yes! Thanks, Gomez. BTW, I've really enjoyed your MoN thread (been reading since August). If you need an alternate, let me know!

I'll also play what the Keeper wants although I have a couple of ideas.

1. MD/PhD for the CDC stationed in Atlanta. Has been assigned to Washington D.C. for several months to discuss the potential outcomes for various infectious diseases/terrorism bioagents with federal authorities and congress. Research focuses on novel DNA vaccines that are constructed in vitro with only the genetic map of the infectious agent. Necessity for advanced bioinformatics algorithms gives a potential tie-in with Tailspinner's character.

This character could also go the route of just joining the scientific division of the FBI and have a connection to Maerdwyn's character.

2. Ex-army ranger. Guns. Lots of guns. Just joined or wanting to join the FBI. Tie-in to Maerdwyn's character and Committed Hero's character.

Hrothgar

First Post
Alright, I'll play a MD/PhD research scientist.

Tailspinner, since bioinformatics relies so heavily on search and sequencing algorithms, any chance our two characters might have met at some point in the past? Maybe we worked together on a particular project through a collaboration of me at CDC and you in industry?

Maerdwyn, since your character is a cop, what about an interaction between my character and yours during the anthrax scare a few years ago? Possibly our characters worked together on an investigation to track down the terrorists using some ambigous (and dead end) leads in Philadelphia?

I'm willing to go along with anyone's suggestions.

taitzu52

First Post
I think I'd like to go for a standard FBI/NSA/CIA agent. Military history, sure, but not so heavy on the guns. Just a lot of good investigative and research skills, maybe an advanced education in criminal justice and history. OK, a bit generic, but it should be fun! Can you help me bring this bad boy to life, Gomez?

TZ

Remove ads