[Delta Green] Operas and Avatars: Puppet Shows and Shadow Plays

Maerdwyn

First Post
"Fair." Solomon uses the Skyfone to get in touch with The Tattler's editor to find out who wrote the story, and, if possible, how to contact the author.

Gomez

First Post
Searching the Internet, you find pretty much the same information as from the Tattler article. You are able to get a map of the area in question. Searching the names of the victims does not get much information.

Calling the Tattler, you are able to talk to the person who wrote the story, Tom Grazer. He says that he got his information from newpapers and the internet. He personally did not travel to Arizona.

Attachments

• san carlos.bmp
    161 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

taitzu52

First Post
"OK," says Andrews, "we'll backtrack his research as best we can on the internet while we're en route."

(OOC- What are our internet capabilities in flight? BTW Gomez, I never got any help with my equipment, so I'm being a little assuming here. Smack it down if it's too much.)

As we travel to Phoenix, Andrews will take whatever steps available to follow up on this (buying a Phoenix paper if one's available at the stand for starters). So again, the FBI is reduced to "Google-ing" it's way into law enforcement, unless Andrews' crack investigative skills can come up with something different.

Maerdwyn

First Post
"Well, I guess that's about the quality of reporting we'd expect from the Tattler. I'll try to track down stories from the local papers that Grazer used for his source material, assuming they are available online. If not he'll ask Andrews if three's anything else they can do while they are in flight

ooc
For the record, I guess this would be what Solomon would pack for his trip, pending any rewrites or suggestions by Gomez:
Laptop
5 suits, one worn
2 pairs of shoes
1 set of workout clothes and sneakers
cigarettes and lighter
nicotine gum
toiletries
Service weapon and its accessories
handheld notebook and pens
business cards
digital camera and three memory sticks.

Last edited:

Gomez

First Post
"Your flight lands at the Phoenix Sky Harbor International airport. Your internet searches do not produce any addition information on the case. At the airport you get a rental car and room at the Best Western Airport Inn. :)

The next morning you meet with Special-Agent-in-Charge Patrick Hobbson at the Phoenix Office. Hobbson looks to be in his late fifties with hair that is more grey than black.

"Agent Brown, Agent Andrews. Please take a set. I am glad that someone in Washington finally got off their asses and sent me some help here. I have been trying to juggle three high profile cases with the office down 2 agents to begin with."

OOC: As for equipment, I only care about special or unusal items. I don't care how many shirts you have! ;)

Last edited:

Gomez

First Post
taitzu52 said:
"Two agents down?", says Andrews with a feigned look of shock, "What's been going on out here?

"Everytime the Office of Homeland Security sends out a terrorist warning, the Border Patrol yells for some help. I had to assign two of my agents to Homeland Security last month and who knows when I am going to get them back."

Gomez

First Post
FBI Field Office
Phoenix Arizona

Just then a man enters the Hobbson's office. He is dressed in an Arizona State police uniform and wears a gray cowboy hat that he removes as he enters. Hobbson stands and shakes his hand. "Major Garrett, I am glad you could come over. This is Agents Brown and Andrews. They are going to lend you a hand in the Highway 70 case." says Hobbson. He then turns to you. "This is Major Frank Garrett. He is our liaison with the Arizona State police." The Major then shakes your hands in turn. "Pleased to meet you gents!" he says with a western drawl. "I really appreciate any aid the FBI can give us in our case."

Maerdwyn

First Post
(said before that last post, obviously :))

Solomon nods. "That's how it is all over, these days. Back in Philly, every time Tom Ridge got a case of the 'oranges', it'd set homicide investigations back weeks. So what do you need us to help you out with, Agent Hobbson?"

Gomez

First Post
Hobbson pulls out a file folder. "As your most likely know, there has been a series of disappearances along State Road 70 for the past month. No bodies have been discovered and while they are being treated as kidnapping. I feel that we have some sort of serial killer on our hands. Your jobs is to aid the State and Apache Tribal police in their investigations." He hands you the folder. "Here are what facts we have on the dissappearances so far. You are to work with Major Garrett here and Sheriff Mangas Colorados of the Apache tribal police. Any questions?"

Contents of the Folder

An unknown person or persons is believed responsible for the disappearances of thirteen people in the last month in the area of State Road 70 near the southern edge of the San Carlos Indian Reservation west of Phoenix. Known disappearances are as follows:

July 4 - Allen and Karen Curtley Car found abandoned on 70 en route to son’s house.
July 6 - Felix Royos Gas station attendant working night shift on 70.
July 10 - Ed Stoltz and Chris Martin Fishermen at he reservoir near 70; camp undisturbed.
July 15 - Rolf Trautner and Freda Ollenburg German tourists: rental car found abandoned on 70.
July 15 - Dieter and Vera Van Olsen Dutch tourists; rental car found abandoned on 70.
July 27 - Begay Family (four) Farm near 70 abandoned for at least a week.

Dates for the last three disappearances are approximate. There are no signs of violence in any of these cases. No know enemies. No valuables missing except for whatever each victim had on his or her person. No contact from the perpetrator(s) or victims.

Allen and Karen Curtley: Allen Curtley, white male, 57 YOA, owner of the Done and Ready roofing company, employing thirty full-time employees in the area of Santa Fe, New Mexico. A medium sized contractor doing primarily home repair. Karen Curtley, white female, 53 YOA, was employed full-time as her husband’s business as an accountant/bookkeeper. They had no outstanding debts, the company had no ties with organized crime, and their son, Brian Curtley, 32 YOA, living in Phoenix Arizona, has no financial problems that would require his “advancing” his inheritance. By all accounts, the Curtleys had a good relationship with their family and business associates.

Felix Royos: Hispanic male, 20 YOA. High school drop out who has worked at a number of unskilled labor positions since his sixteenth birthday. Several juvenile arrests for Possession of Alcohol by a Minor, Curfew Viloations, Criminal Mischief. No know criminal associations since his eighteenth birthday. His older brother, Enrico Royos, 24 YOA, has two convictions for Grand Theft (Armed Robberies plea-bargained).

Ed Stoltz and Chris Martin: Ed Stolz, white male, 32 YOA, mechanic for Greyhound Bus Lines, married Lavern Stoltz, 29 YOA, one child, Timothy, 3 YOA. Chris Martin, white male, 30 YOA, Assistant Manager at True Value Hardware Store, Tempe Arizona, single. Both men were natives of Phoenix and when to the same high school. They went fishing on the Coolidge Dam Reservoir at least once a month. Neither man had a criminal record or criminal associations.

Rolf Trautner and Freda Ollenburg: Rolf Trantner, nationality German, white male, 22 YOA, Freda Ollenburg, nationality German, white female, 22 YOA. Both had recently finished their three-year national service commitment in the Federal Republic of Germany and were taking a short vacation prior to attending university. Neither had any friends or relatives in the United States. They had been traveling by bus and train and had been in the United States for two weeks.

Dieter and Vera Van Olson: Dieter Van Olson, nationality Dutch, white male, 65 YOA. Retired Vice-President for Petroleum Exploration, Royal Dutch Shell Corporation, spending his retirement seeing the world. His wife, Vera, 60, YOA, was a homemaker. They had been touring the United States by car for the past three months. They have no connections or contacts with anyone in the Southwest, but they did have reservations to stay near the Grand Canyon four days before their car was found.

The Begay Family: Victorio Begay, Apache Indian, 42 YOA, his wife, Louisa, 38 YOA, and their sons, Luca, 13 YOA, and Paco, 15. Victorio Begay was a well-respected member of the Apache community. By local standards, he was quite prosperous, owning two hundred sheep, several dozen acres of property, two pickup trucks, and a home big enough to give his children their own rooms. Their relations in the community were good. Neither son had any criminal record.

Remove ads