[Delta Green] Operas and Avatars: Puppet Shows and Shadow Plays

taitzu52

First Post
"Thank you for having us, Major.", says Andrews, shaking the trooper's hand. "Unfortunately, we left Washington on very short notice, and haven't been briefed on the Highway 70 case. Are you the trooper in sharge of the case, Major?"

(OOC- Looks like we're both slow on the draw today!!)

Last edited:

taitzu52

First Post
Andrews asks Hobbson, "Is there a spare office that Agent Brown and I can use? One with a map if you can." Andrews will begin the process of putting pushpins on the locations of the disappearances. "OK, Brown. Your file says that you speak Spanish, right? That means you'll be taking Begay and Royos, at least. You may have better luck with the Sheriff too. We don't have many local leads on the European couples, so I'll take Curtley and Stoltz/Martin.", Andrews says looking around. "Do you think they smoke in here?", he asks, fumbling for his pack of cigarettes.

(OOC-Andrews has gobs of Gather Info, and graduate degrees in Law Enforcement to boot. taitzu52 does not. Is it standard FBI practice to reinterview all witnesses/family members? Ideas?)

Gomez

First Post
taitzu52 said:
Andrews asks Hobbson, "Is there a spare office that Agent Brown and I can use? One with a map if you can." Andrews will begin the process of putting pushpins on the locations of the disappearances. "OK, Brown. Your file says that you speak Spanish, right? That means you'll be taking Begay and Royos, at least. You may have better luck with the Sheriff too. We don't have many local leads on the European couples, so I'll take Curtley and Stoltz/Martin.", Andrews says looking around. "Do you think they smoke in here?", he asks, fumbling for his pack of cigarettes.

(OOC-Andrews has gobs of Gather Info, and graduate degrees in Law Enforcement to boot. taitzu52 does not. Is it standard FBI practice to reinterview all witnesses/family members? Ideas?)

"We can get you a office to work out of and as for a map. I think we can dig one up for you." says Hobbson. After about 30 minutes you are setup in a rather bare office with a desk and two chairs. A large map of Arizona is brought in and put up on the wall."

OOC: Your experience in law enforcement tells you that unless some additional information comes to light. Reinterviewing the witnesses/family members would just give you information that you already have.

Maerdwyn

First Post
"Allright, let's get down to it then. I think we should visit the crime scenes: fresh eyes may see things diffrently. Has anyone checked for common tire tracks in the vicinity of the abandoned vehicles or the farm? May not be much after a month, but it's worth a check. Is there any apparent pattern to the locations of the crime scenes, other than just being on route 70? How about cover? Would whoever took these folks have to have done it out in the open, or would they have beed shielded from anyone passing by on the road?

What are the resources at our disposal - any officers, vehicles, or other equipment besides us and our rental?

(ooc: more soon - not much time today, sorry)

Gomez

First Post
Maerdwyn said:
What are the resources at our disposal - any officers, vehicles, or other equipment besides us and our rental?

Major Garrett says that there is a police heliocopter available for use if needed.

Maerdwyn

First Post
"That's good news, thank you, Major." Addressing both Major Garret and Sherrif Colorados, Solomon says, "Do either of you have theories other than the one Special Agent Hobbson presented? That we have a serial killer on our hands?" After hearing their responses, Solomon thanks them and continues. "Well, whoever we're dealing with, he's got to be working out of somewhere. Those bodies didn't just disappear, and neither did he." He gets up and flags the location of each crimescene on the map. Knowing that multiple killers usually have comfort zone, a finite distance from their home or base of operations that they are willing to travel to safely commit their acts, he draws a large oval that encompasses all the crime scenes and some (determined by his training) space around them, indicating the most likely area for the killier to live within. "About how many residences and businesses are contained within this area? Are there any abandoned structures or other places that someone could hole up in private for as long a period as we're talking about?"

ooc: what is today's date? I'm assuming it's maybe the end of July, beginning of August?

Gomez

First Post
OOC: The date is August 7th. The center of your oval seems to be in the reservation just north of the highway between Bylas and Geronimo and close to the Begay ranch. There is not much there other than desert and a few scattered ranches. You have not met Sherif Colorados yet. His office is on the San Carlos Indian Reservation.

taitzu52

First Post
"You're right about that area", says Andrews, pointing at the oval. "I'm guessing that the Sheriff knows more about that chunk of land than most. When we do check the scenes again, maybe he can tell us a bit more about the area."" Looking again at the oval, he says, "Yeah, the serial nature of this is more likely than anything premeditated, considering the tourists that are involved. Maybe I can call a profiler in DC once we have more data."" Looking up at Hobbson, Andrews says, "Well, I'm ready to get out there. Can you call the Sheriff and set up a meeting?""

Gomez

First Post
Hobbson calls and sets up a meeting for you with Sherif Colorados. He suggests that you meet him at the Bejay ranch. After getting directions and a good map, you drive down highway 30 and then into the San Carlos Indian Reservation. The Bejay ranch is about a mile north of the highway. As you pull up to the Bejay's home you see a Apache tribal police car out front. When you stop, a man steps out of the car. Sherif Colorados is a middle aged indian and looks to be in good physical shape. His hair is black with greying sideburns. He waits for you to speak.

gilarivr.jpg

taitzu52

First Post
"Sheriff Colorados!", yells Andrews as he gets out of the car, hailing the Officer with a wave. He walks over and says, "I'm Agent Andrews, this is Agent Brown. Good to meet you. I'm guessing that the State told you that we were coming." Andrews casually looks around the ranch, checking for tire tracks, like Brown suggested. He looks up and says, "So how long since the family went missing? Has the State sent out a forensics team yet?"

Remove ads