• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Delta Green] Operas and Avatars: Puppet Shows and Shadow Plays

Maerdwyn

First Post
taitzu52 said:
Andrews thanks Colorados, and returns to the house. "Well, I think we'd better head over there.", he says, pointing at the circling birds. Guessing the Sheriff has an off-roadish vehicle, that'd be best.

"Yep. Before they tear up any more of the evidence than they already have."

Gomez

First Post
After some yelling and diplomacy, you get the word that a Phoenix PD crime scene investigators are on the way. They should be at the ranch in about a hour or two. Hobbson is pissed as well and he says that he will try and free up some personel to help you out but he isn't promising anything. The Sheriff calls on his radio and gets a couple of his deputies to head over.

You jump into the Sheriff's pickup and drive over to where the buzzards are circling and stop a couple hundred feet from there. "Let's fan out and see if we find anyting." says the Sheriff. After about 5 minutes, Brown comes up to a hole in the ground. There are animal tracks all over the place and what appears to be a partially uncovered body of a sheep in the bottom of the hole.

taitzu52

First Post
"Alright," says Andrews, "let's leave the dirty work to the experts. I don't want any bad info here." He circles the site looking for tracks and traces of who did this, footprints, tire tracks, etc. We can fan out and look for other traces in the distance until CSI arrives.

(OOC- Search +13)

Gomez

First Post
As Andrews circles around he sees more of the animal tracks. Sheriff Colorados looks at them. "Humm coyote tracks." he says. "Coyotes must have dug up the sheep's body." Andrews then comes upon another hole. At the bottom of this one an uncovered human hand sticks out of the ground.

taitzu52

First Post
A shrill whistle from Andrews breaks the silence. "We got one!", he shouts as he stands over the hole peering in. "Alright, nobody touches nothing until CSI shows. Sheriff, would you please have your Deputies prep to do a sweep search this whole area, but not until CSI gets here, I don't want a circus, understand?" Andrews lights a cigarette, and says out of the side of his mouth, "Well, I guess we'd better call the coroner too. *CED*"

Maerdwyn

First Post
"*CED* is right. You're tight about the Coronor...We should get dogs in here too, to look for anything the coyote and buzzards haven't uncovered yet." Solomon looks at the hole with the dead sheep, as well as the hand sticking out of the ground. "If the perp buried one of the victims near the abduction site, he might have with the others as well. We'll need to search the areas outlying from all the crime scenes for holes like these."

Last edited:

Gomez

First Post
In about a hour and a half the Begay ranch is swarming with state police, reservation deputies, crime scene investigators, and people from the Phoenix coroner's office. After a search of the area, twenty-six graves are found scattered across the property: one for each missing sheep and a mass one for the Begay family. The Phoenix assistant medical examiner walks up to you after he has looked over the bodies. "Dr. Joseph Gutierrez. Pleased to meet you though I wish it was under different circumstances."

Maerdwyn

First Post
Solomon nods a solemn greeting, and extends a hand. "Pleased to meet you Doctor Gutierrez. I'm Agent Solomon Brown, this my partner Agent Andrews. I know you haven't had much time, but does anything jump out at you regarding the bodies yet? Any clue about how they died?"

taitzu52

First Post
"We knew we had something here, but this is a bit much. We'll sort out why, the livestock got special attention and the family got lumped together soon enough. What we'd like to know is times and manner of death. Of course forensics will be important too.", says Andrews. "And of course," he adds in, "if you have anything personal that you'd like to share about this incident, please, refer to us in the highest confidence."

Gomez

First Post
"Ok first things first. The sheep show a state of decay ranging from about 2 months to 2 weeks. Sheriff Colorados was able to identify the bodies as those of Victorio, Louisa, Luca and Paco Begay. All look to have died about 2 weeks ago. As to the cause of death, Victorio's neck is broken and he has several needle-like wounds on his chest. The women, kids, and all the sheep also have these needle-like wounds. Also all the bodies show massive blood loss. Other than Victorio, I would have to say that blood loss is the cause of death. I will know more when I can do a full autopsy."

Remove ads