[Delta Green] Operas and Avatars: Puppet Shows and Shadow Plays

Gomez

First Post
FBI Washington Field Office

Special Agent Solomon Peter Brown walked into Assistant Director Michael Mason office. "You asked for me, Sir?" said Solomon. Standing up from a side chair was a tall handsome black man in a dark blue suit. The Assistant Director looked up from a manila folder on his desk. "Agent Brown, I want you to meet Agent Andrews. He just finished the Academy and I want you to show him the ropes around here. In other words, he is your new partner."

Last edited:

Maerdwyn

First Post
Solomon briefly appraises the older man, then offers his hand. He's a little surprised that he's showing this guy the ropes, having only joined the Bureau recently himself. But there's no need to mention that at this point. "Glad to meet you, Andrews. Call me Solomon. Which tour do you want first - building or case files?"

taitzu52

First Post
Andrews takes Solomon's hand with the blasé look of a man resigned into his new fate. Not that he cared either way about this partner, or his last one, just as long as it didn't get in his way. With a half smile, he says, "Welcome to the Bureau, Solomon. You're certainly eager to get to work, huh? Well we'll see what the Academy's kicking out these days." Andrews looks Solomon up and down, trying to gather odd bits of info; how expensive are his shoes, how clean cut is he, is his tie regulation blue? "Well, Mason? Where are we starting Agent Brown off at? Picking up some cold cases maybe? I'm still pretty backlogged.", says Andrews with a smarmy chuckle, knowing full well that Mason's "show him the ropes", will probably mean, "give him some busy work until he can find the bathroom".

Gomez

First Post
Macon gestures for you both to sit. "Actually, I do have a something for you two. For the last month, people began disappearing near the southern edge of the San Carlos Indian Reservation, west of Phoenix. The Apache tribal police and the Arizona State police have asked for assistance from the FBI on the case. Since there have been no bodies found, the disappearances are being considered as kidnappings and not murder. The Phoenix Field Office is backlogged and most of their agents are already working on cases. So I am going to send you two to lend a hand. Here are your plane tickets for Phoenix. A company car will be waiting for you there. Meet with Special-Agent-in-Charge, Patrick Hobbson at the Phoenix Field Office. He will brief you on the case. You flight leaves tomorrow. Any questions?"

taitzu52

First Post
"Any word from field offices in California, Nevada, New Mexico? How about border patrol, any leads there?", says Andrews, trying to look efficient for his new company. Macon probalby knows that he's not expecting any real information, but moreso rattling his sabers in response to being inconvienienced by a field assignment. Andrews eases back in his chair, giving a sideways look to Solomon, and back again at Macon, "So," he says, "what time's our flight?"

Maerdwyn

First Post
(ooc: Sorry - misread the first post as Solomon showing Andrews the ropes. Oops :heh: )

"All set here, sir, thanks," Solomon lets Andrews examine him for a moment or so, and says, as an aside to his new partner: "I can introduce you to my tailor, if you'd like..." Then, turning back to Macon, "See you when we get back, sir."

Gomez

First Post
taitzu52 said:
"Any word from field offices in California, Nevada, New Mexico? How about border patrol, any leads there?", says Andrews, trying to look efficient for his new company. Macon probalby knows that he's not expecting any real information, but moreso rattling his sabers in response to being inconvienienced by a field assignment. Andrews eases back in his chair, giving a sideways look to Solomon, and back again at Macon, "So," he says, "what time's our flight?"

"You will be briefed in Phoenix on the case." says Macon. "My assistant has your plane tickets and rental car information. I think your flight leaves at 7:35 AM."

taitzu52

First Post
"Very good, sir.", says Andrews as he stands and heads for the door. He turns and says, "Agent Brown, why don't I show you where the coffe is, and then I can tell you what I think about your tailor." Andrews holds the door for Solomon as he gives a half smile to Macon.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Solomon, smiles, nods, and follows the Andrews out. This guy's a barrel of laughs. Whatever - make the best of it, Sol. The only way you'll ever get to do what you want is if you do what you're told first.

taitzu52

First Post
(OOC- Well, you asked for it. :heh: )

Andrews leads Brown through the halls to a small nook where a clean kitchenette is installed. He reaches into the cabinet and retrieves two mugs and places them on the counter. He puts both hands on the edge of the sink and without looking at Solomon says, "You want to know who my tailor is?" Andrews straightens up and takes a step towards Brown and says, "Uncle *CED*-ing Sam, that's who! Oh, everybody else in the Bureau buys from him too kid, he cuts a mean *CED*-ing jacket!", Andrews says, pointing at the door. " Look around, what do you see? You see a bunch of folks doing the same thing, wearing the same thing. The second someone stops and starts giving a *CED* about what they're wearing, someone, somewhere dies!", he says, pretending to wipe something off of his lapels. "You got hired to do a job, Brown! I don't have time for your jokes, hell they don't even give me time for smoke breaks anymore. You don't like it? Quit. So be my guest and take a page out of my book; open your eyes, open your ears, and shut the *CED* up. The sooner you do that, the sooner you'll realize what you are: a little fish. And maybe if you have something useful to say, and listen up, you may avoid getting eaten!"

Andrews takes a step back, and picks up the steaming carafe as if nothing happened, and with a smile, politely says, "Now, how do you take your coffee, Solomon?"

(OOC- *Colorful Expletive Deleted*)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases