• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Delta Green] Operas and Avatars: Tapeworm

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Hrothgar said:
OOC: Who says you can't scare someone in a PBP. Nice one, Gomez.

Agreed.

"I'll feel better when you're out of that pool." Turning to the SWAT leader, he wonders aloud, "You wouldn't be able to get the utility company on the phone and shut off the main to this compound, would you?"

Gomez

First Post
The Swat guys give a thumbs up and one goes down the stairs with his C-15 at the ready. Another follows about 15 feet behind. After about a minute, the Swat leader says. "It's all clear but there is something down there that you should look at Doc."

The stairs go down about 30 feet to a 25-foot by 25-foot room. There are half-burnt candles all along sides of the room on shelves and in the middle of the room is a medical examination table. It has foot stirrups with leather straps and a belt strap for the waist. It looks like a gynecological examination table except it is designed to hold someone down on their belly. A metal shoot runs from the open drainpipe in the ceiling to the end of the table with the foot stirrups. The shoot has a trail of brown liquid on it.

Last edited:

Hrothgar

First Post
OOC: Before I have Jonathan make a response, is the ceiling level above or below the level of the bottom of the pool? That is, is the liquid in the pool drain higher in elevation than this ceiling?

Gomez

First Post
Hrothgar said:
OOC: Before I have Jonathan make a response, is the ceiling level above or below the level of the bottom of the pool? That is, is the liquid in the pool drain higher in elevation than this ceiling?

OOC: The room appears to be under the pool.

Hrothgar

First Post
Jonathan nervously rubs hand hand over his face and then through his unkempt hair. "Marcus. Lt. Rubin. Have you ever seen anything like this before? Dr. Hardiman suggested the parasite was introduced into her through human intervention. This place...looks like some sort of ritual chamber. This is way out of my league, gentlemen."

Jonathan peers up at the drain. If this room is beneath the pool and the parasites are hold up in some sort of reservoir between the two rooms...how can this drain in the ceiling be open without everything falling out. "Any of you officers have a flashlight? Mind shining it up that drain - or I will if you let me borrow it."

Jonathan shudders suddenly. "You know...I just had a really nasty thought. I was thinking there might be a reservoir between the pool and the drain above. What if, and this is unsubstantiated, what if the parasites are using the entire network of old plumbing in this building? Not just a single pool?" Jonathan looks around at the men in the room. "I would suggest we all watch where we step," Jonathan peers up, "and what we stand under."

Hrothgar

First Post
"I would suspect the smaller pipes are the means of egress from the larger plumbing in this structure. Still, most parasites lay eggs in their victims or transmitt the eggs through their victim's bodily orifices to the surrounding environment. How these parasites have concentrated themselves here, enough to even be used in ritualistic infections...I am at a loss."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads