Deluxe DM Screen

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Yes, but does it have a space to record the phone number of the local pizza joint and what the various members of the group like on their pie?
For those of you who never saw it, kaomera is referencing the original Hackmaster™ [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Hackmaster-Official-GameMasters-Development-Team/dp/188918246X"]Game Master's Shield[/ame]. It has 32 panels. Yes, that is not a typo: thirty-two panels.

hamson's review at Amazon said:
Plus, the screen includes the legendary pizza matrix, so players can democratically pick the toppings of the pizza they order for the game session.

Also see Kenzerco's pdf about it.

brunswick

First Post
It's a nice screen (and I much prefer the artwork on this new one) but it feels like a kinda unnecessary purchase if (as I do) you already own the old heavy cardstock DMs screen.

fanboy2000

Adventurer
I have decided to buy this because it will make looking things up a lot easier. My group (and me as a DM) has never used DM's screens.

Some GMs do not need things to hide behind.

I prefer running.
If you're going to run, you might as well throw-up a DM screen to act as a speed bump while the group chases you.

It's a nice screen (and I much prefer the artwork on this new one) but it feels like a kinda unnecessary purchase if (as I do) you already own the old heavy cardstock DMs screen.
I own the old screen to. And the one from the DM's kit. Of course, I kinda collect them. I have one from one the Planescape boxed sets (probably the original) that's pure awesome. I break that out to put fear into my PCs.

That said, I think the new screen has 2 advantages over the old one. First, it has up to date tables that include errata. The old screen was literally outdated the day it was released because the skill DCs had changed. Also, some of the text of the conditions has been altered.

Second, it has better artwork than the previous screens.

This makes the new screen worth it to me.

huank

First Post
I got it yesterday and I'm happy with it. Artwork is awesome and it seems that it really has the most useful tables! Also, one of my players will be very happy too, because I'm thinking about giving away my old underdark/ares-fire giant screen, to one of them. Deluxe supersedes old heavy one, right?

Mercurius

Legend
Comments like this always leave me scratching my head. Why are there so many people buying things unseen or without trying to find out anything about them first?

Sorry I missed this one. To be honest, it may have something to do with the Parched and Bitter Wasteland that has been the WotC publishing schedule for the last few months - not much to buy, and because I'm one of the many with Kaomera's "MHS", I had to buy something. Plus, it was only $10, unlike Wrath of Ashardalon, which set me back $40 and I'm wondering if I'm every going to play the thing.

It's a disorder called "MHS", common to many geeks. I myself have returned home from the FnsLGS to discover that I have, without any conscious realization, purchased products for games that I don't even play!

LOL. I hear you. Although for me it is more about getting multiple packages in the mail, not even sure about what is going to be in them, opening them up and remembering, "Ah yes, I took Ebay home with me the other night and it took advantage of me. I feel dirty. But at least I have more Stuff that I'll probably never use."

kaomera

Explorer
LOL. I hear you. Although for me it is more about getting multiple packages in the mail, not even sure about what is going to be in them, opening them up and remembering, "Ah yes, I took Ebay home with me the other night and it took advantage of me. I feel dirty. But at least I have more Stuff that I'll probably never use."
ebay is a harsh mistress. (as, apparently, is the experience system...)

Nai_Calus

First Post
Am I the only one who likes the old art better? Maybe it's just that I really dig that drow guy on the old one. That said, I'll probably get it at some point. It fits in the 'Meh, it's ten bucks' impulse buy category. I never really used the old one for anything but a divider, though. Maybe I should just tape updated tables over the old one. :p

I'll probably buy it anyway just so I can stop feeling dirty about only ever buying M:tG stuff these days.

Jhaelen

First Post
Plus, it was only $10, unlike Wrath of Ashardalon, which set me back $40 and I'm wondering if I'm every going to play the thing.
Ah, I see. I've sometimes ordered cheap stuff along with what I _really_ wanted without giving it much consideration simply to get into the price range where postage is free.

I've also been pondering if I should get Wrath of Ashardalon. My problem is that I may end up having no one interested in playing it, since there's no German version available.

So, I'm wondering if it would be worth its money just for the solo play.

Remove ads