Democratic Monster Creation or something

Nightcloak

First Post
Rapida said:
Ok well i vote for Quicken Spell Like Ability(Inflict Serious Wounds)

I'll second that.

It swarms something, make a quickened attack, then the swarms standard attack would be brutal. I like it :cool:

Last edited:

Rapida

First Post
oK This is a bump and a post. I vote for
1. Hide 19 ranks
2. Search 9 ranks
3. Survival 19 ranks
4. Spot 10 ranks
5. Listen 9 Ranks
6. Bluff 10 Ranks

1. Track
2. Alertness
3. Quicken Spell Like Ability(Inflict)
4. Empower Spell Like Ability(Inflict)
5. Improved Natural Attack Swarm Damage (I don't know if you can do this)
6. Improved Toughness

If you disagree with any of the above please just post a replacement. If you can't think of a replacement mention that you dislike the ideal of it

Rapida

First Post
Construct Swarm (Incorpereal)
HD 15d10
BAB 11/6/1
Base Fort 5
Base Ref 5
Base Will 5
Skills: Concentration +12 Hide +22, Search +11, Survival +19, Spot +11, Listen +10, Bluff +13
Feats: Track, Alertness, Quicken Spell Like Ability(Inflict Serious Wounds), Empower Spell Like Ability(Enervation), Improved Natural Attack (Swarm Damage), Improved Toughness

Anyway, my vote for the ability scores are
Str --
Dex 18
Con --
Int 14
Wis 12
Cha 16
Powers
  1. Flight: A ________ has a fly speed of 60 ft, perfect
  2. Negative Energy Overflow: The damage caused by the skulls is from all off the negative energy the skulls give off. It follows the same rules as swarm damage but causes the damage to be negative energy not physical damage. This also has the side effect of curing undead if in the same square as them.
  3. Spell Like Abilities: Inflict Serious Wounds 2/day (replaces harm), Enervation 2/day, Death Knell At will, Control Undead 3/day
  4. Life Siphon: A ________ can drain 5d8 hitpoints from an undead creature as a standard action. This heals the _________ by equal amount of damage. (Basically the creature siphons off a part of the undead's negative energy to charge itself.)
  5. Hunt: The _________ operates under a continuous deathwatch affect in a 120 foot radius. This allows the __________ to hunt down and find an opponent in underground or urban settings as well as target weak opponents to eliminate first.
  6. Negative Energy Taint: Any spell that uses positive energy cast within 60 feet of a _______, uses negative energy damage instead of positive energy damage. This causes it to harm living creatures and heal undead creatures. (If this is to powerful we could change it to do 50%, that would effectively negate it.)
  7. Damage Reduction 10// Good and Magic

Rapida

First Post
Ok did we vote on ac bonuses yet? and then theres attack bonuses and save bonuses. After that we can finish this puppy up. I vote

AC Bonuses: +3 charisma bonuses due to incorpereal These things are tough. I made them tiny sized so the Damage reduction they have will be able to come into play. Just look at what the combination of construct, incorpereal, and swarm ignores and you will know what I mean. I think we shouldn't add anymore ac to make it harder.
Attack Bonuses: I don't think it needs any help in this department since the only thing this could apply to is that quickened inflict light.
Save Bonuses: Again the immunitys make this pretty pointless. If they have to make a save let them do so with no extras.

Ok so vote, I will tally and finish the crunch part of this character sometime.. If someone would like to volunteer to do it be my guest.

themind

Explorer
FOr the negative energy taint, we could have a Caster level check to be able cast the spell, or opposed concentration checks. That way, the PC's have some chance to use healing spells in combat.

Just a thought

Rapida

First Post
Sounds good to me, how about a caster level check vs DC 12+CR, that would be almost equal to their caster level hopefully.

Remove ads