An apocalyptic dark fantasy tabletop roleplaying game set within a feudal, medieval era. You are a survivor, an adventurer fighting for your soul in a world filled with darkness, monsters, and demons. Delve into the ancient ruins of races long dead and otherworldly beings lost to the teeth of time. Explore lost tombs or the black towers of the Void Gods which hold untold treasures and mystic artifacts that wield esoteric technology, or what we call "magic".
The world Koth has suffered through the Apocalyptic Prophecies with the final tragedy yet to be fulfilled. The legends say that the world was once infested by demons and for eons they have been imprisoned. Now stories are spreading around the campfires of the dead rising from their graves and the very darkness of the Veil Myst coming to drag souls to the Black Plane. If this is true, the Demon Gate has opened, and it will take more than just heroes to stop it.
Demon Gate uses the Chaos System for its mechanics...
- This system uses a resisted d20 for combat, you roll to attack and defend with different methods for both.
- The skills and attributes use a dice ladder mechanic d6, d8, d10, d12, d8+d6, 2d8, etc.
- Increasing skills and attributes grants a greater dice pool to reach target numbers.
- Hunt, harvest, and collect items or creature parts to craft, trade, or sell.
- A survival system to track food, warmth, physical, and mental condition.
- Eat, drink, keep warm, and keep sane or stats and rolls begin to degrade.
- A sense of dread always lingers with explosive damage rules and condition monitors.
- Gain Saga Points as experience and spend them on your character to gain power.
- Gain Reputation Points as honor or corruption to become heroes or villains.
- Over 100 levels of advancement with endless upgrades and epic level campaigns.
The Game Master screen has just been released at DrivethruRPG. If you pick it up it comes with a coupon for a discounted download of the core rulebook. Good gaming to you and "keep the fires high friend". GM Screen