Derogatory terms for Orcs

Zander

Explorer
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Goblin: gobbos
Hobgoblin: hobgobbos
Yes, those have been used in campaigns I've DMed or played in. 'Hobgob' for hobgoblin has been used as well. Also:

Orc: dorc
Dwarf: runt, stunt or stuntter
Kobold, goblin or any other monster that's small, humanoid and easy to kill: xvart

There are also some terms for drow but they are the same as real world racist terms so I'm not going to repeat them here. I've never been involved in a campaign that used RL racist terms to describe humans in the game world, nor would I want to.

Romnipotent

First Post
Jenny (males only, tone and inflection is important)
Tusky the friendly blob
Legolas
Perfume Man
Orc de Toilet
"Carl" < should offend any orc I know in the circle of people I play with
Snuggles the furry pussy cat
Funny Orc Lady (for a male)
Trebuchet Ammo
Daft single minded paramecium of a culture.
Kegcarrier

Warehouse23

First Post
Don't forget to have your orcs call the humans "Breeder" (an old SRism). I like the term because it conjures up terrifying mental images of what must go on to produce a half-orc....

Reprisal

First Post
I'm somewhat confused as to where the term "dogs" comes from when referring to Kobolds... are they not reptilian?

"Greenskins" tends to be a favoured term for orcs, though it's fairly neutral when it comes to being offensive.

Voadam

Legend
Reprisal said:
I'm somewhat confused as to where the term "dogs" comes from when referring to Kobolds... are they not reptilian?

"Greenskins" tends to be a favoured term for orcs, though it's fairly neutral when it comes to being offensive.

Kobolds have been portrayed as dog like since the 1e MM, sometimes with scales and reptilian but not always. And in many descriptions they are described as speaking in yips and growls.

radferth

First Post
IMC Orc _is_ the derogatory term humans call them. They don't have a specific word for themselves as a species, as their identity is tribal, rather than racial.

Staffan

Legend
Reprisal said:
The Rules Cyclopedia describes kobolds thusly: "These small, evil, dog-like humanoids [...] They have scaly, rust-brown skin no hair." I'm sure Basic D&D described them similarly.

In other words, shaped like dogs but scaled like reptiles.

Remove ads