Descent into Darkness : The Remnants of the dead

Shayuri

First Post
"I..." Rochelle looks down at her victim and takes a deep breath, locking the fear and the reaction away in the deep center of her mind so she could think rationally. She then reached out to take his pulse, pried his eyelids open, checked his breathing, and looked him over quickly.

Relief flooded her.

"He'll be fine," she reports with a rush of expelled breath. "The system shock knocked him unconscious and he suffered some minor contusions from the seizure, but nothing worse than he'd get from a fall. I expect he'll be out for a few hours or so."

She put a hand to her forehead and closed her eyes.

"Sorry I freaked out like that. I've never used my power like that before. I've never...nothing like this has ever happened to me. Do you think they were really trying to kill us?"

Velmont

First Post
Kerry look at the unconscious man. "Hours... damn, we need to interrogate him, but we can't leave without warning the authorities. I don't want to quit that place with two bodies on the site."

Kerry decides to contact the Trinity headquater on moon. "Here agent Kerry Jospeh, I want to talk to Joan... thanks..." he wait a moment. "Hi, we are at Cantor spaceport. We just been target of an assassination attempt. One man got away, one has been knock out and a last one was killed. A civilian was killed too before we were aware of the presence of the three assassins. We want to interrogate our prisoner, but he won't wake up before a few hours.

I would like the authorities to be warned, but if you could pull a string or two to make sure we have someone very cooperative so our telepath can interrogate our prisoner by the time he wake up. Do you think you can do that?"

[SBLOCK=OOC]Try to use my background [Trinity 00] to have help from teh authotities on that case.[/SBLOCK]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Sure.'' Replied Joan. ''I'll call my contact at Luna PD. Just do 911 on your end and don't worry about a thing. Say, you found anything of use at Cantor Mine? Oh, by the way, I have urgent messages from your colleague, Ghost. Now that you are back on Olympus local grid, give him a call.''

[sblock=OOC]
You are not at Cantor Spaceport (there is no such thing, btw). Cantor was the mine. You are back at Olympus in a minor spaceport (akin to a regional airport). I didn't name it because I couldn't be bothered. Let's say Schulz Airport.

We'll have Carlos and Suria go interrogate the assassin and you will regroup with Ghost. I retcon the timing of the call to match roughly with your arrival.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"Thanks." tells Kerry to Joan before hanging up. "Carlos, can you call the 911. Give him just enough so they send a squad here, Joan will send us someone friendly to us, and we will feed the detail to him."

He then turn to Rochelle. "Can you go to the one I killed and search him too. I want to know anything we can about these assassins before the authorities are here."

He then takes his phone and call Ghost as he follow Rochelle to teh otehr victims, prefering staying near her to protect her in case the other assissin still roam around. "Ghost, it is Kerry. Come to the spaceport if you can, we have been attacked by assassins. We got a prisoner, so bring Suria, we might need her skill to interrogate him once he come out of his coma."

Shayuri

First Post
[sblock=OOC Clarification]I didn't mean my comment about 'usually getting to pick actions' to be snarky. Sorry about that. I was just surprised, but in hindsight I'm not displeased by how it went. In most games, the GM would have the assassin come into view, then wait for the PC's to post their actions (at this point I'd say I'm using psi and so on), and then post the results. Given that our actions under the circumstances were pretty self-evident, and that I wouldn't have known to spend extra Psi to help my chances, I don't have a problem with how you did it. Hope that clears things up. :)[/sblock]

Rochelle swallows sickly, but nods at Kerry and goes out to the one he'd shot with his laser. The killing wound was livid on the man's chest. She realized right away that the laser had seared a path through clothing and flesh and burned his heart into inactivity. She shivered. He'd done it without even hesitating.

Again, she forced extraneous thoughts from her mind and focused on the task at hand, checking the man over for ID, computer...anything that might be a clue as to who he was and who he worked for.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ghost answered Kerry's call, his voice sounding distracted. Not good. Got sommin goin down here soon as well. Goin to be needin ya. Be thar soon.

When the big man arrived with Suria, he brusquely told them about the meet. How long this fella out? Cuz we got to be gettn to the other meet soon. Ways I see it, I'd like to set it up to let the drop happen, then intercept before the call goes out. Pinch that guy who knows stuff. Maybe have aone of us get to aride with the mark... Doc here'd do. What y'all think?

Velmont

First Post
"OK, as soon as we have done with the authorities, we come to you. I'll make sure to have them contact us when he wake up. Joan told me she would make sure they send us friendly people." answers Kerry

Remove ads