Descent into Darkness : The Remnants of the dead

Velmont

First Post
"It shouldn't be too long." tells Kerry to Salieri. "Where the abberant have been killed exactly?" he asks, wanting to take a look at the place where the corpse was at first, not sure who to sweep a crime site.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Back on Olympus

''I don't have much time. My crew picked up a guy, one of the last one the list. We have to deliver him to a man, like the others. You wire me 10,000 yen and give you the location. Don't you do anything stupid while me and my crew are at the meet! You can be sure I'll be on guard and if push come to shove I'll fight with my buddies. If it works like the other meet, we withdraw first so then you do anything you want with our contact and his guards. Got it?''
Ghost grunted, an annoyed exhalation. Tha deal was ya bring em ta me, na some otter fool as bait. Not pretty. Ya be gettn half now, get ta rest we got wha we want. We got a deal?

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Back on Olympus

Ghost grunted, an annoyed exhalation. Tha deal was ya bring em ta me, na some otter fool as bait. Not pretty. Ya be gettn half now, get ta rest we got wha we want. We got a deal?

The thug laughed nervously.

-''Yeah, right. You expected me to snap the target away from my unsuspecting mates and hand deliver him to you, all wrapped with a ribbon? This isn't happening. And I don't want to have to deal with you anymore so I ain't taking an half and half deal. I smell trouble, here. It's all secret agents and spooks in this mess!

You give me the full amount, I give you the meet and then I leave Olympus. Or you don't give me the money and then I just leave Olympus. I wouldn't mind a little payday but I'm done with this cluster:):):):) either way!''

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Cantor station

[sblock=OOC]I'm assuming Carlos and Rochelle went to Cantor because he has the higest investigation skill and she the best medicine. Noetic, Investigation, Medicine... Simple enough.[/sblock]

Carlos' investigation (6d10=37) (Hum, rolled a sum instead of 6 different check, but if you check the link yoU'll see it's 3 success)

Carlos' Awareness (1d10=3, 1d10=1, 1d10=4, 1d10=10, 1d10=10, 1d10=7, 1d10=7)

Rochelle's Medicine (1d10=5, 1d10=9, 1d10=6, 1d10=7, 1d10=7, 1d10=6, 1d10=2)

Kerry's noetic (1d10=2, 1d10=8, 1d10=4, 1d10=2, 1d10=4, 1d10=9, 1d10=8, 1d10=2, 1d10=4)

The investigator gets to work. Only two thing really interest them at this point; John Doe and the abberants.

Carlos, checking the spot where one of the aberrant was supposedly gunned down, noticed tiny fragments in the concrete wall behind him. He pointed out his findings to Rochelle, she tentatively identified the fragments as splinters from an aberrant's skull. A sample was retrieved for ananlysis. Carlos speculated, given the dispersal of the fragment, that the skull must have exploded from the inside, projecting the splinter in a 360 degree radius.

Meanwhile, Kerry noted the blasts pattern around the location where the aberrant fell. They were attributed in the report to the aberrants and indeed their power seemed to have been brutal. An aberrant would have been able to generate this kind of energy but, after studying the points of impact, Kerry concluded that it was more likely to be an electrokinetic blast.

Carlos eventually determined that these blasts were fired from the location where John Doe was found.

The conclusion of the team was that John Doe was firing highly powerful electrokinetic blast at the aberrant. But the killing blow was more likely to have been a powerful Algesis (Vitakinetic) attack. If these attacks all came from John Doe, he was likely using some very advanced and dangerous bioware to augment his powers.

[sblock=OOC]And there you go. That's the info availbale at Cantor. Note that unlike what you gathered in the Alley, this is physical evidence. None of it is incriminating but it could open a few eyes at Luna PD.

I'll give you a chance to weight in on the info, and then a little surprise on the way back...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ithuriel

First Post
While waiting for Ghost's connection to come through, Suria dragged the poor soldier around through various shops in the Mezzanine while he plugged from one public port to another. A few hours later she had enough new clothes to get by for the rest of this phase of the assignment and a couple of new holosims for fun.

During the call she stood by waiting to see where the meet would be.

[sblock]Ghost had to plug in to a public port to receive the call right? I'm under the impression we can't call each other with our minicomps because cell lines are insanely expensive and regulated unless you are houseruling that. Just want to clarify in case it comes into to play later.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Rochelle is quiet for a bit, her face hard to read in the dim light of the transport's interior. Finally she speaks up.

"This is crazed. It's actually starting to make sense though. Some kind of...augmentation bioware, designed to make a noetic strong enough to go toe to toe with an aberrant. But something about it makes the user unstable, which means they also wouldn't be able to get approval for human testing...so they take it underground."

She leans against the window and stares moodily out.

"I wonder how far up it goes."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ghost grunted, then punched in something on his datapad. Fine. Funds sent. Get me my place and we be done.

Once he has it, he looked at the two left. Hphm. Little man is goin to be settn this all up. They show the goods, then leave and let the other man do thar thing. Best we get thar first. Maybe Saria get some picures fer evidence latter. Get yerself a good scopin out point. Us two get behind, flankn. Ambush'd be best. Could try talkn, course, but not my specialty. What ya think?

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Back from Cantor Station

Mulling over their discoveries, the flight home appears shorter to the agents.
The exit at the Hopper landing pad and settle with their pilot.

But Carlos snaps to attention when he notices a suspicious shadow near the exit. Focusing his psi power on his surrounding to project his sense around him he realizes in shock that the elderly guard of the small landing strip has been killed and the shadow near the exit corridor is an ambusher. A rough looking man with a drawn laser pistol. Scanning around he sees that the man has a nearby partner and a third one is dangerously close, hidden behind a nearby parked hopper.

The hesitation of Carlos is enough to tip the attackers who are on edge and probably know they are facing psion. The leader seems about to order the assault while the agents are on open ground.

Carlos returns his senses to his body and warns his colleague.

Carlos' awareness (1d10=9, 1d10=10, 1d10=8, 1d10=6, 1d10=2, 1d10=7, 1d10=9)

[sblock]Taking a cue from Fengshui, I won't use maps in order to encourage imagination. So feel free to improvise a bit about the exact location of vehicles and what useful items could be lying around. The only rule is you can decide that there is an immediately harmful obejct to the opposition in a convenient location (So no, there is not a box of dynamit near the goons, and they don't stand under a piano hanged by a wire that you could conveniently shoot... etc.) But there is no reason there couldn't be a wrench lying nearby when you need a melee weapon, for example.

You are currently in what amount to a sci-fi small airport of a minor local airport. Hoppers are about as big as cesna but much more massive (you can't really squeeze under, there are good cover). There are three other Hoppers between you and the exit, though they are on the sides and do not block the line of fire between your current location and the ambushed goons at the exit.

There is no other exit except the airlock leading outside.

The only innocent bystander is the pilot.

There is plenty of mechanical tools lying around, no explosive fuel.

You have the time to declare one action before I roll initiative (I start running toward the Hopper with a good hiding behind, I draw my weapon etc.).

Carlos used one Psi point, but he can still project his senses around for the rest of the scene (though you don't want to be doing that while shooting or being shot at).[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Kerry jump to cover bhind the nearest hopper, he then activate his energy awarness sense and start to feel his surrounding, to know if any vehicle is on, maybe sense the gun and pinpoint an hidden shooter, ect...

Shayuri

First Post
When warned of trouble, Rochelle stares at Carlos with dawning horror, then rushes madly for the nearest cover...following Kerry blindly and crouching behind the hopper.

Once there she covers her mouth and tries visibly to keep herself under control.

"What do I do?" Rochelle manages to get out as she tries to calm her breathing down from hyperventilation levels. She then repeats the plea, even more desperately. "What do I do?!"

(OOC - Sorry for delay! I was hoping to see what more PC's did so I could take my cue from that. Rochelle is very much not a combatant at this point. :) )

Remove ads