Descent into Darkness : The Remnants of the dead

Velmont

First Post
"No, that's what Mangels and Grabowsky want us to think. What they have done, it is to take a person, gives him new experimentals bioware based on the abberant knowledge... yes, tainted bioware, and experiment on John Doe. As he died, they removed the experimental bioware before someone else find teh truth behind him. Tha would explain the abnormal trauma, the surgical removal of the muscle, the note on the note on the autopsy report and the behavior of Grabowsky."

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Suria met up with Ghost as he was on his way back from the chase. They brought each other up to speed.

Suria made a few call and got ahold of Marcus Denver, the colleague that she knew had been the previous customer of Jimmy after extracting that info from his mind.

Marcus was very cooperative and forwarded suria a copy of the paper he wrote after interviewing a witness. It had been canned due to the content sounding too much like a tabloid abominable snowman story for a serious news outlet.

After this, the duo moves back topside and meet up with their coleague who are congressing with a clinic intern in a cafe next to the clinic.

[sblock=OOC]I anticipated Suria's call to Marcus for speed purpose. I also expeditated the regrouping of teh team for the same reason. It's time to tackle a new angle.

PS the link seems to have a problem with showing the image online but you can still download it.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Rochelle watches Kerry skeptically, and says, "I don't know...for one thing, the body was found still in the process of decompressing, which means it couldn't have been there for very long. And for another, if the subject was using bioware that somehow used aberrant tissue, wouldn't there have been taint in him? Bioware implants are pretty intimately tied into the host. And...all that dodges the real question which is where would they get aberrant tissue to make this stuff from in the first place?"

"Do you have proof that this is aberrant-based technolo..."

She breaks off when the others arrive, introduces herself shyly, and is silent as she reads the new information.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ghost told Suria about the ruffian and their scam. Somone be hid'n this. Mauser, in the Pit. Tak'n 'em to thar clinic. That messed up one came from thar after they dropped im off. Bet Clinic hired them to be messed with. Don't like it.

He grunted sourly after seeing the news report. Figgures. Them Docs be messen with sommin bad.

When they joined the others, Ghost's eyes narrowed the new Doc. After being vouched for, the big guy let Suria fill them in about what they found. Your friends be doing sommin they not supposed ta. Dirty business. Bet droppin the corpse at Cantor was for cover'n it up.

Velmont

First Post
Kerry looks at the paper Suria and Ghost gives them. "Proof?

1. We had a doctor walking around in Freaky Alley that had swelling muscles on the legs and arms.

2. We have a John Doe with missing muscle in the legs and arms. The muscle have been so clean cut that it must have been done by a Vitakinesis.

3. That guy died of a violent biofeedback that no known technology could possibly do something that is near that shock. It need to be a new kind of technology, like maybe abberant bioware.

4. We have a clinic full of Vitakinetics, and some head of that clinic have written papers on the taint.

I might be wrong, but the piece of the puzzle are fitting too well. But we still missing some. We might find some in Cantor or in Beaulac, but I don't think Grabowsky will willingly help us. And there is still some missing people that doesn't fit in that picture. It might be unrelated, but Is tart to disblief any coicidence.

Rochelle, is there any of you doctor in vacation or missing? I wouldn't be surprised Grabowsky took one member of his team to experimente with tainted bioware. He need someone willing and be ready to keep the secret of such experimente.

And for the taint spreading to the remaining of the body..."

[SBLOCK=OOC]I want to know if Kerry has enough knowledge to know if the taint would srpead from a tainted bioware to an healthy body, or that's something out of his fields of knowledge.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Look, no, I agree that there's something going on," Rochelle quickly notes, interrupting Kerry.

"I just don't see that this experimental bioware -has- to be tainted or based on aberrant tissue. It might be...I'm not saying it can't be..."

She sighs. "What am I saying, you guys are the investigators here..." With a guilty smile she puts the interview report down and shrugs. "Sorry. I get kind of...involved...but you know what you're doing. Um..."

"I can't think of anyone I know who's missing or on vacation, but I'm just an intern. It's not like I know all the doctors or even most of them. And they don't tell me their schedules, generally, even if I do. Hell, I mean, the only reason I even did the autopsy was because..."

Rochelle pauses and frowns.

"...the usual doctor wasn't in."

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I want to know if Kerry has enough knowledge to know if the taint would srpead from a tainted bioware to an healthy body, or that's something out of his fields of knowledge.[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=ooc]The body wasn't tainted. If his bioware had been, he would have been too.

The fact that both Mangels and Grabowski have conducted studies related to the taint is indeed weird but at this point there is nothing to indicate that the removed bioware was tainted and that abberrant were involved (beyond the attack on Cantor).[/sblock]

kookalouris

First Post
Pat had been listening quietly, his teammates comments were insightful and well thought-out. The poor vitakinetic they had drug along was no slouch herself. He looked around suspiciously and whispered at a break in the conversation.

"What worries me is the arrogance of what we have seen. There are probably enough violations of experimental protocols on humans to close the clinic down or at least have it investigated. But there's no real effort to conceal any of it. This means we are either dealing with fools or people with the power to simply do as they wish."

"And I don't believe we are dealing with fools..."

Velmont

First Post
"Ok, maybe the bioware that had been removed wasn't tainted. You are right to say teh taint would have likely corrupted the body, but they might had found a way to contain it to the bioware... there is too many coicidence, and that much is too unlikely. Even if the bioware that ahd been removed wasn't tainted, they were experiemental. No known bioware could have created such feedback."

Kerry think a moment. "Grabowsky know that Trinity is investigating on case that can touch him. If we want to return to the clinic, we need to do it before he decide to react and eliminate some trace we could find... if the theory of his implication is true."

Shayuri

First Post
"The problem with the clinic...well, there's several," Rochelle says. "For one, we don't have any real proof incriminating anyone, which means we can't expect any official support. And we really have no idea what we'd be looking for in the clinic. It was pure luck I found this before it was fixed."

She taps the interview. "But we have another lead here. The guy this reporter was interviewing talked about where the 'doctor' came out. Maybe we can find some physical evidence around there that will help us figure out what to..."

Abruptly Rochelle buried her face in her hands, blushing.

"God, I must sound like an idiot, talking like I'm on your team. I'm so sorry."

She looks up, redfaced. "Is there any more I can do to help?"

Remove ads