• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Descent into Darkness : The Remnants of the dead

Velmont

First Post
Kerry decides to not add a word for now and follow teh others. Thinking twice, Grawbosky might be behind the dissapearing of the mucle and doens't want him to think his secret might be in danger.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Ghost grunted as he looked over the list. He looked up, his pale eyes focused on the goon. But he did not let him go yet.

Well now. You and your boys may not know it, but you work for me now. Y'all find any more of these folks, y'all be ringing me up. No touch'n or fuss'n w'em, just ring me. I pay you double. And, if I find out you be playing both sides—gett'n me some, gett'n that other guy some of these—well, it'd be damn shame. A damn shame.[sblock=OOC]Assuming they weren't being paid *that* much, I'm going to assume my Resources should be able to handle it. If Ghost feels he needs to, he'll try to drive that last point home w/ Intimidate.[/sblock]

[sblock]That's pretty clever, trying to turn the thug. If you pull this off, I give you back your spent willpower.

And let's roooolllll the dice;

Intimidate (1d10=8, 1d10=9, 1d10=7, 1d10=2, 1d10=10, 1d10=6, 1d10=2 4 success

That's Ressource+Intimidate

Willpower (1d10=7, 1d10=6, 1d10=2, 1d10=5) 1 success

[/sblock]

The thug hesitates, then nods tentatively.

-''All right mate, I will if you make it worth my while. I'll play it straight, I swear.''

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The thug hesitates, then nods tentatively.

-''All right mate, I will if you make it worth my while. I'll play it straight, I swear.''
Ghost grimaced, which was what probably passed for a smile for him. He exchanged the data need for contact later. See. Knew you'd see it the right way.

Letting the guy go, the big man made his way back the way he came.

Shayuri

First Post
As the team neared the door, a young woman with orange hair and a pretty, if harried-looking, face jogged up behind them and tried to wedge through the door at the same time. Curiously, for someone in such a rush, once outside she stopped and looked around, fretting all the while.

The life of an intern was defined by stress. Even for a vitakinetic, who's future was virtually assured, the pressure to compete and to win the respect of those above (basically everyone) was unrelenting. Keeping tabs on one's progress in that regard was vital. Rochelle McKendrick had known the minute she made the first incision that this autopsy was a coup...one that could win nods from the Order, from the police, from all sorts of important people. Even better, it was a mystery. Her favorite. It had taken a little pleading, and a smuggled beer for the records clerk who had an inflated sense of personal power, but fortunately thought she was cute, but Roach got to see the paper original. The very report she'd filed, not an electronic reproduction or hardcopy. This was all-important, because doctors would often scribe notes, especially on the work of interns. She'd gain a few points if she could recite his opinions back at him when the time came to review. So she quickly skimmed her unusual, rather daringly speculative autopsy report, and there at the bottom was the scrawl of the physician... Her face paled as she read it.

As the team emerged, the woman turned to face them. She looked scared and conflicted and vulnerable in her intern's scrubs. "You guys are Trinity, right? Not from Luna or any of the Orders?"

hafrogman

Adventurer
Carlos gives the young lady a curious look. Still, if there was anyone willing to talk to them after Dr. Grabowski's little display of beaurocracy, it might be worth it to listen. He flashes his Trinity ID at her question.

"That is correct. My name is Carlos Ribera, my colleagues and I are with Trinity. Did you have something you wanted to talk to us about?"

kookalouris

First Post
Reluctant to interrupt Carlos but seeing possible apprehension
in the woman's eyes, Pat quietly added,

"We can talk elsewhere if you want, confidentially if needed..."

Shayuri

First Post
Rochelle glances between Carlos and Pat, trying to talk but with the words sticking in her throat. This would be a point of no return for her. It could very well change everything...and not for the better. But the implications of not acting would invalidate everything she believed in.

"It...I..." she stammers, "I heard that you were here...asking questions about an autopsy that was done."

And it had been pure coincidence that she'd heard in time. She'd been wandering, shellshocked, through the cafeteria and had overheard a pair of nurses chatting with fearful excitement about 'the Trinity people.' And she'd known then what she had to do.

"We need to talk," the intern confirms in a rush, and looks around. "But not here. Let me go ahead, and then follow me."

She nods, then turns and hurries away. The lame spy antics color her lightly freckled cheeks bright red...who did she think she was?...but she didn't want people in the clinic who might be watching to think there'd been more than casual contact with the team. At least not yet.

Rochelle heads to a corner cafe not far away and takes a seat at one of the outdoor tables with as few neighbors as possible. When the rest of the team catches up she puts an envelope on the smooth plastic of the table surface.

"This is a photocopy of the original autopsy report. It's not the original, but it hasn't been altered. I..." she shakes her head. "I shouldn't say anything yet. Just look at it, and I'll answer whatever I can."

Velmont

First Post
Kerry grabs the photocpy and starts to read it. "Nothing we havn't found. We could have wrote that autopsie with our conclusion... but that handwrited note confirm my doubt. Good thing I didn't spoke to Grabowsky." He hands the photocopy to his teammate. "You see, the man have been killed by a violent biofeedback. I can assure you that guy is no abberant, I didn't saw any trace of taint in him. But that corpse had no bioware. He was missing some muscles too. The only known bioware that can replace muscle are made to help hadicaped people. Those bioware are not strong enough to cause such biofeedback. It needs to be a more powerfull device.

I think our friends of Beaulac clinic knows exactly what replaced the mucles of our John Doe. That's why Grabowsky was so angry. He didn't want Trinity to find out. Grabowsky and Mangels, the one who has make teh note, are both known for there papers on the taint. I think our friends have made some research on the taint even if the scientific community doesn't like that idea. I wouldn't be surprised our John Doe was a subject with abberant bioware and as the guy died, our friends of Beaulac clinic have removed the bioware. That would also explain the clean removal of those muscles.

What do you think about that theory?"

Shayuri

First Post
Rochelle gulps and stares wall-eyed at Kerry as she tries to keep up with him.

"Uh...so...you're saying you think this John Doe was a handicapped person, who had been fitted with some kind of experimental bioware to correct his condition, which killed him...and then it was removed surgically before his body was found?"

She considers that, forcing her nervous stomach to remain still, even though her mind and body both rebelled against the implications.

"It's...possible. But...the people doing the experiments would have to know that it was fatal. Non-psychics have strict limits on the bioware they can safely use. Exceeding that, especially with something invasive...well..." She waves at the autopsy. "Which means we're not just talking about covering up accidental deaths, but actual...murders. I don't know if..."

Rochelle shakes her head. "We're talking about a man who was trained by the proxy," she says in a strained near-whisper. "It's insane."

She takes a deep breath, then adds as an afterthought, "And I don't know what you mean by 'aberrant bioware.' Aberrants don't use bioware, they don't need to. Their 'natural'," she makes little scare marks with her fingers at that, "abilities make technology pointless for them."

Ithuriel

First Post
Suria chatted amiably with Jimmy and Mac for some time while rummaging through their minds before she started to worry about Ghost. "What has he gotten himself into? Mac, it looks like I'm going to have to pass on lunch."
She pulled a pocketbook from an interior jacket pocket and drew out a 10 Lunar Yuan note. "Get yourself something to eat, and take care alright? You are a lucky bastard to live through the collapse. I'm sure you'll be back on your feet again soon."

Suria put her pocketbook away and winked at Jimmy, "You still with me kid? Let's go save my hideous bastard of a partner." So saying she drew her taser and headed for the alley Ghost had run down.

Remove ads