Descent into Darkness : The Remnants of the dead

Ithuriel

First Post
Suria listened quietly as the pieces came together. When Pat stated that the Aesculapians weren't making an effort to cover their tracks, she interjected, "That's not exactly true. You get used to dealing with a higher degree of skill after a few jobs with Triton Divivision... corporate malfeasance, governmental coverups, but the clinic heads appear to be doing what they can. They just aren't quite the professionals we are used to dealing with."

"We have Mister Implants on the scene of the Cantor attack- killed there, but with implants excised before the strike teams arrived. Who excised them in the field? With access to personnel files we could perhaps see which Beaulac surgeons or psions were working in the field during the hours of the attack, but just as likely those files have been falsified."

We have the autopsy report, which ostensibly should be buried. We only have this much proof because of the timely intervention of a one of their interns. We are lucky that she still remembers the autopsy at all considering what I found in Freak Alley.

You might recall from the files that Beaulac Clinic was offering free care to any Alley residents after the collapse whether they were injured in the collapse or not. I managed to speak with one of those who was recently treated under that offer and took a minute to see what he remembered from the collapse."
She shook her head, "Not much. I can't be sure what they used, but I'd guess drugs considering. It can be done, but without the precision of telepathy. Rather than remove exactly what you want as a telepath might, drugs just stomp the whole area leaving it hazy and indisinct- and unfortunately for Mac it also leaves its victim stumbling through life like a drugged zombie for some time. Lucky they hadn't identified you as a threat yet Rochelle."

"Still- I managed to see a couple of things. It looked like the blast that caused the collapse came through a wall- from the outside blasting in.
So we have something blasting through the wall into a homeless warren causing massive death and prompting a cover up by the clinic which happens to be located directly above the incident. Test run or escaped subject?"

Other than that I saw a glimpse of Mac with one of the docs. Not clear enough to get an idea though. Mostly I just recognized the labcoat."

When Rochelle mentioned the reporter who interviewed a resident of the burrough, Suria nodded. "Ah- Marcus Denver did the interview- with the self-described Mayor of Freak Alley if I recall. I could probably make a couple of calls and get in touch with Marcus about the article."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ghost grunts.

Looks like some of y'all want to be jawin. As fer me, my little fishies will be gettin back to me in a few, so I shouldna go far. We could go back and look at where things be comin down in the Alley like the little doc said. Maybe sommin will pop out to ya mentalists. Give time for Suria to be gabbin up the reporter. Handle Cantor after.

Velmont

First Post
"Where to search? I guess that Grabowsky or Mangels office could be a good start." tells Kerry "And for you being in the team, we are missing a vitakinetics with your skills, you have an eccess to one of the potential suspect organization and you heard already all we have found. You also gives us a document I am quite sure Mangels didn't meant to fall in the hand of Trinity members. If you are not here to double cross us, which I have a feeling and some reason to not think so, I think after this investigation, you might be able to join Trinity if you are willing to."

"So we go to Cantor later. Until than, what we favor? Missing people? Witness of Freaky alley that have been treated by the Beaulac clinic? Paying a visit to Beaulac?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I was thinkn under the Docs, where the 'freak' supposed to come out. Maybe one y'all sensitives can sense sommin. Me, I no good at that. Best stay away from the clinic; they got yer scent.

Last edited:

kookalouris

First Post
Suria's comments were well thought-out and expressed. Pat nodded in welcome agreement. "But don't we have enough proof now to go to the legal authorities? Surely we can give the Luna PD sufficient material to force an arrest or at least intense scrutiny."

Shayuri

First Post
A little overwhelmed, and perhaps even a bit breathless, from Kerry's offhand offer, Rochelle snaps out of her daze.

"I don't think anything we have yet is really 'proof.' It's all circumstantial, or based on questionable evidence and testimony."

She sighs and bats her hair out of her eyes.

"You guys have to understand what you're trying to say here. You are suspecting Dr Grabowsky, who is practically the Proxy's right hand, in a breach of medical ethics that wouldn't be out of place in Nazi Germany. If you go to the authorities with anything less than an airtight case he and his lawyers will eat your careers alive and might be able to put you in jail for harassment or something."

"If you really want my help, I'll do it...because I've seen enough to make me think something's going on. But to be honest, I'm still not convinced that Dr. Grabowsky's an accomplice. What I've seen so far...it could be a conspiracy going on without his knowledge. We really need more evidence before we start doing anything that might get us into trouble, like breaking and entering and snooping around. We need to be -sure-."

"I think the scene of the crime is where..." she hesitates, then smiles shyly, "...we ought to check. This guy who broke out of the wall came from somewhere, and it sounds like he wasn't subtle about leaving a trail."

Velmont

First Post
"I agree with Rochelle. All are pieces of a puzzle that is far to be complete and we need to find more before handing it to teh authorities. If we go to the clinic, Grabowsky and Mangels must not know what our true interest in it. That's why Rochelle might be valuable.

But we are not forced to do it right now, we have other lead. Cantor, the victims of Freaky Alley and the missing people."

Shayuri

First Post
Rochelle shrugs, feeling a bit swept up by events.

"I'll help you with whatever you want," she says. "This is way out of my league. Just tell me what you need me to do."

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Cantor Station

Travelling to Cantor station wasn't quick or easy. It was on the other hemisphere of the moon and the closest site to it was Napper Station, a thousand kilometres to the southwest. Given the damage caused by the attack to the sole LAMP line leading to the station, the best method of transportation is to take a single hopper ride to site. That was easily the worst traveling experience the agents ever had. Hoppers were utilitarian little VTOL ship designed for Luna's gravity and didn't have much in the way of passenger's comfort. They weren't commonly used for such long ride either. They were mostly used for cargo and short range rescue team deployment.

The hopper finally latched on the airlock of Cantor station after a hellish four hours flight and the agents soon discovered that, along with the atmosphere generator, it was about the only thing that stills worked properly. The patchwork job to reseal the station, seen from the outside, didn't inspire confidence.

Upon arrivals, the Trinity investigators were welcomed by the cops and two Aeroc representatives. The former were finishing a last sweep of the facility before closing the investigation while the latter were there to assist them. A lone engineer was the only other occupant.
The lead officer, Nic Salieri, saluted the agents politely enough and seems fairly cooperative but in a hurry to shutdown the case. He shows them around and it is soon obvious that the mining station is basically similar to an open sky mine on earth but with a dome to seal off the atmosphere. The whole reason for the site was that the iron was so cheap to extract. Profitability had dropped lately and as a result, Aeroc Corporation is shutting down the mine rather than restore it. A few kilometres of railings and a handful of elevators allowed people to move around. They finally reached the site of the attacks. There was a dozens marks indicating were people had been killed. When asked about the others, Detective Salieri explained that those who had fled the conflict died when the life support systems of the station failed. There were marks indicating where some people asphyxiated strewn across the rest of the mine. There were blast marks all over the place, demonstrating that an intense battle had taken place here.

-''So, have a look around.'' Salieri said.

[sblock=ooc]Ghost's call is upcoming. If your PC went to Cantor, just pick it up from here.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Back on Olympus

[sblock=ooc]insert all the fun things someone can do when he has an indeterminate amount of time to kill! Note that we are on day 2, same with those on Cantor. The call finnally come in the late afternoon[/sblock]

At last! Ghost's minicomp indicated a call. The soldier answered gruffly. The voice of the man hunter came online, hushed and scared.

-''I don't have much time. My crew picked up a guy, one of the last one the list. We have to deliver him to a man, like the others. You wire me 10,000 yen and give you the location. Don't you do anything stupid while me and my crew are at the meet! You can be sure I'll be on guard and if push come to shove I'll fight with my buddies. If it works like the other meet, we withdraw first so then you do anything you want with our contact and his guards. Got it?''

Remove ads