Descent into Darkness : The Remnants of the dead

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Carlos Initiative (1d10=6, 1d10=2, 1d10=2, 1d10=2, 1d10=9, 1d10=6, 1d10=2)

Kerry Initiative (1d10=7, 1d10=3, 1d10=2, 1d10=7, 1d10=9, 1d10=10, 1d10=5)

Rochelle (1d10=1, 1d10=8, 1d10=6, 1d10=1, 1d10=10, 1d10=7)

Goons (1d10=8, 1d10=7, 1d10=4, 1d10=10, 1d10=6)

Kerry hits cover first, before the killers can shoot. He stays completely hidden as he draws his weapon and focus his powers. He senses plenty of energy patterns in the vicinity but the the access door for the exit immediately jumps to his mind. Shutting it down would cut off the two assassins shooting from that direction. Otherwise, there is plenty of wireless transmission and Kerry figures he could start the alarm. There is no weapon on the hopper, though. It is a civilian airport.

Rochelle reach the cover behind the same hopper as Kerry just in time to avoid getting shot.

Once there she covers her mouth and tries visibly to keep herself under control.

"What do I do?" Rochelle manages to get out as she tries to calm her breathing down from hyperventilation levels. She then repeats the plea, even more desperately. "What do I do?!"

Psi (1d10=3, 1d10=9, 1d10=8, 1d10=3, 1d10=8)

Carlos ducks and weaves as he runs to cover toward in the opposite direction of Kerry.

dodge (1d10=6, 1d10=7, 1d10=5) +1 willpower

Pistol, goon 1 (1d10=1, 1d10=6, 1d10=5, 1d10=1, 1d10=5)

Pistol, goon 2 (1d10=3, 1d10=5, 1d10=5, 1d10=5, 1d10=5)

[sblock=ooc]Err... I didn't design them to be top notch assassins but that's ridiculous! First goon actually did a severity 2 botch![/sblock]

The two assassin hidden near the exit popped from cover and shoot at the running agent. Confused, the younger assassin tries to track Carlos with his gun and ends up shooting his ballistic weapon near the face of his colleague, blinding him and probably causing a serious burn with the heated gas exiting from his barrel.

The third assassin is currently unseen, moving behind the rows of Hoppers near where Rochelle and Kerry are hidden.

Velmont

First Post
"Carlos, what is the situation?" asks Kerry (using commlink if he has one, shouting if he has none). He then answer Rochelle. "Don't get kill, that would be a good start. Can you knock out someone from distance, or just make them dizzy? I need to reach the door command, but I'll need cover."

Kerry takes a quick look to spot all the possible door command.

Shayuri

First Post
Rochelle stares at Kerry as if he'd just asked if she could juggle infants and chainsaws at the same time.

"Knock someone out? How? Throwing rocks? I'm a doctor! I'm..."

She pauses then, her mouth falling slightly open as she realizes something.

I DO know Algesics. It's just to bone up for countermeasures, but I tested out and took the courses and the whole bit. No reason I can't put that to practical use. Except my oath, of course.

She looks at the Hopper, thinking about the men on the other side of it.

Do no harm. But do nothing, and prevent no harm. What's a doctor to do?

"I...guess I could try using biokinesis on them," Rochelle admits, her cheeks coloring intensely. "But it's very short range. A few meters, tops."

Velmont

First Post
"Get ready to stun the guy who will come from the other side. I'll try to pin the other two where they are. And what is your skill with a gun?" asks Kerry before getting his head out. He then shoot at the first one he see beore taking back his full cover.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
The goon suddenly turned around the Hopper, gun drawn, point blank to the two agents.

Rochelle - Wits + Dex (1d10=7, 1d10=9, 1d10=4, 1d10=3, 1d10=1)

Goon (1d10=1, 1d10=6, 1d10=8, 1d10=6, 1d10=2)

But rochelle goes first and focus her powers on the assassin.

Psi (1d10=4, 1d10=10, 1d10=5, 1d10=5, 1d10=5, 1d10=5) (Bad roll, but let's spend 4 psi point to avoid getting killed! That amounts to 9 success)

[sblock=ooc]a base of 3 success are needed to make a bashing attack against one man two metre away with alegesis, the rest goes in damage; 8 bashing level minus his stamina = 6

I know spending 4 point is a bit overkill, but you suck in close combat so he needed to go down NOW.[/sblock]

damage (6d10=26)

(Again messed up and ended up with a total, but if youc heck the detail you'll see three 7 or better, so 3 success. Mooks go down at the 3rd strike, btw)

The mook dropped to the ground, convulsing as if he had a seizure.

Velmont

First Post
Kerry see the guy falling under his shoot. For a quick moment, he is surprise. It was the first time he was in a real combat and he got a bulleyes at his first shot. He wasn't expecting that, but he wasn't far from complaining. He only hope things could turn like that each time.

"Great work, Rochelle." Kerry put back his weapon in his holster and grabs the one of the assassin and gives it to Rochelle "Keep him in aim. If he wakes up from wathever you've done to him, shoot him." he tells as he search the captive for any other weapon or any identity cards or thinsg that could give him more information. Once that done, he will try to find something to bind him.

Shayuri

First Post
(whoa...y'all do combat differently than I'm used to. Most games have the PC's decide what to do. ;) Under the circumstances I don't mind, since I wouldn't have known those combat tricks, and finding out would have taken forever. :))

Rochelle doesn't react right away to Kerry's words. She's staring, bug-eyed, at the man on the ground. Her hands accept the object he presses into them but she doesn't seem to really register what it is.

Dimly she was aware of a thin ache at the back of her skull. She'd lashed out with a great deal of power, driven by sudden panic at the sight of a man who meant to kill her. Knocking him down hadn't stopped the panic either. Her mind kept skittering around the same thoughts like a hamster in a wheel.

Oh my god oh my god what if I killed him?! It was self defense! I used the power of healing to harm! I'll get kicked out of the Order! But it was self defense!

Kerry's voice finally penetrates her haze and she looks at him desperately. "We have to call the authorities," she begs. "We have to tell them everything."

That's what sane people did in situations like this. Right? Right?!

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
(whoa...y'all do combat differently than I'm used to. Most games have the PC's decide what to do.

[sblock]Err... I thought your post indicated that you wanted to use Algesis on the goon so that's what I did. Deciding how much PSI to use is unfortunate but is a side effect of the system and the medium since you don't know in advance how much you'll need.

Eventually I expect Rochelle will check up on the fallen assassin that she used algesis on and will note that he is unharmed, except for a few self inflicted bruises while he was seizing. He'll likely be unconscious for a few hours but will be none the worse for it.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"Authorities would hinder our invetigation. That guys have things I want to know about, and he won't tell us if he is under custody." replies Kerry. "Man! That guy seems to be in a coma... when do you expect him to awake?"

Remove ads