Design Your Own 3D Star Maps

pigames.net

Explorer
Precis Intermedia presents... Disposable Starmaps™

Create and save your own 3D star maps in your web browser -- then download the finished product as a PDF in either color or black & white. Adjust camera angle, magnification, and position. Options like star color, trade or travel routes, selectable background image and font, square or hex grids, and more make it very flexible. Only $4.95 for a limited time.

starmapsample2.jpg

starmapsample1.jpg

ORDER NOW!

Incorporating one of the first e-publishing RPG companies, Precis Intermedia is known for its diverse line-up of clear and concise games. Precis Intermedia's current game lines include the ENnie Award-winning Ancient Odysseys for fantasy gaming; ENnie Award-nominated Two-Fisted Tales for thrilling pulp action; Brutes, New World Disorder, Warcosm, and A Fistfull of Miniatures for miniatures gaming; HardNova 2, Coyote Trail, EarthAD 2, Mean Streets, and Ghostories for low-cost, ready-to-play entertainment; Active Exploits Diceless for universal diceless roleplaying with that familiar 'dice' feel; Story Engine for scene and adjective-based, collaborative roleplaying; and exciting accessories like Disposable Heroes Paper Minis®, Disposable Tilescapes™, and Disposable Starmaps™. Visit the Precis Intermedia web site for more information.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Oh, oh, oh! Where was this a year ago?

More importantly - what's the licensing deal for those publishing sci-fi materials? I've been searching for decent stellar cartography for my game for about two years now. If I create something with this, can I export it at 300 DPI and publish it?

pigames.net

Explorer
I've been working on this idea for a while now. I don't have any licensing options at the moment. Still working on it. Mainly for personal use right now. However, I'm pretty open to anyone using it for their projects if they ask. It exports high-res PDFs (vectors) rather than images (although the background images are med-res, but fine for most uses -- and I'll be adding more and better ones in time).

I'll be working out commercial/branding licenses in future. But like I said, not a problem now, upon request - contact me if you want more info (use my email attached to this account or the contact form on my site: http://www.pigames.net/store/contact_us.php ).

reemul

Explorer
Can you adjust the camera angles to show the sky from the point of view of a ground based observer? I've long wanted a tool to allow me to design constellations and a solar system for a fantasy game world which allows me to show the sky from various points on the globe and at various points of the year, but all the apps for star mapping I've seen assume a sci-fi setting and star travel instead of enabling the fantasy world equivalent of the star map programs you'd get on your smartphone.

pigames.net

Explorer
It adjusts only for XYZ coordinates with the ability to shift the X and Y positions and zoom in/out. I don't expect the need for much of planet-based views for RPGs, although I could be wrong (I haven't looked into the math involved either).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Actually, I tried to buy it (it was only $5) but the checkout process doesn't complete. It seems to hang when it reaches PayPal.

Remove ads