D&D 4E Destiny's Tears OOC Thread 4E

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Rystil:
[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
Yup, I know its the cantrip for only one point. Technically, though, Zykovian gets all the PH cantrips in the big book, rather than all the cantrips in any book (otherwise I'm guessing someone would have compiled a list of all cantrips in every book ever published and then tried to convince a poor GM that their wizard should have all of them to start in her spellbook ;)) I can't remember if RMD is in the PH now, but I know that in 3.0 it was in Tome and Blood (its really minor if it isn't--if that happens, just deduct 25 credits for it, and we'll call it even :)).
It's the only cantrip in complete arcane - which I thought was a source as well. If possible, I'll swap out open/close for RMD. Otherwise consider the 25 credits spent.
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Keia:
[SBLOCK]
Swapping out Open/Close seems quite fair. I tend to allow spells from WotC supplements but not give them out for free (I use a system sort of like the Common, Uncommon, Rare, Very Rare system back from 2nd edition). This also means that while clerics and druids are allowed to learn non-PH spells, they don't automatically get them all for free. This may make me apart from the mainstream, so no biggie, and its not your fault for not knowing--I should have specified :)
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
Not sure yet about the drops. Actually, Eonthar's character class isn't done yet for that game, so maybe he didn't drop, and maybe only one person did. I'm so confused :lol: :confused:

Me too, Seeten was active just the other day so are you sure you have a drop? :lol: (Not that I'm complaining. The 6th level game is probably the good for the hybrid so I'll work on her tonight. Though I need to finish like two characters for my wife tonight...)

Rystil Arden said:
While a man probably couldn't tell, some might not like the thought of being with a golem. Also, the key to the Feldori/Nymph hybrid was conditioning them as children to adore and love their masters, so that there would be less of a chance to have to deal with an attitude problem--and in fact, the honest affection of the flesh-and-blood girls might be a selling point.

That's right we talked about her having watched her master die, maybe even aided in it cause of her ability to overload the nervous system... Letting the guy die in pleasure instead of old age, or some debilitating disease only to end up being hated by the whole family or at least dispose of by the whole family, as I never see her being liked or accepted just tolerated. (Of course there's that pesky reflex action.)

Rystil Arden said:
The main thing is that the Praetorians don't make Plebs for outsiders--it is theoretically possible to get a used one like 108R527, but even this is exceedingly unlikely.

And just how used is Numbers? ;) :lol:

Rystil Arden said:
It doesn't mean that there wouldn't be competition between the slaves and Plebs, though--that makes it really interesting to think about how the Feldori/Nymph hybrid would view a Pleb.

I'm thinking at least one her later masters had lots of them, yeah I know I know it would be expensive, and she would have used to begged/pleaded with them for help but they would have ignored her.

Rystil Arden said:
In some ways, every Feldori is a hybrid--though admittedly not a true hybrid, and they would accept your character to their community with open arms. Definitely a good idea to make sure though, good thinking :)
Would having killed someone with her bite have made her an outsider in how they viewed her? (I’m kind of hoping she could be a lost loner…)
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
BS:
[SBLOCK]
That's right we talked about her having watched her master die, maybe even aided in it cause of her ability to overload the nervous system... Letting the guy die in pleasure instead of old age, or some debilitating disease only to end up being hated by the whole family or at least dispose of by the whole family, as I never see her being liked or accepted just tolerated. (Of course there's that pesky reflex action.)

Even with the reflex action, maybe the jolt and shock was enough to end it for him.

And just how used is Numbers?

Fairly used--since you read her dialogue with Zykovian, you may remember when she mentioned this ;)

I'm thinking at least one her later masters had lots of them, yeah I know I know it would be expensive, and she would have used to begged/pleaded with them for help but they would have ignored her.

Well, it could be as simple as that her master was a Praetorian Warmage who made the Plebs himself...*much* cheaper that way :)

Would having killed someone with her bite have made her an outsider in how they viewed her? (I’m kind of hoping she could be a lost loner…)

The bite thing wouldn't make them exclude her, but Feldori aren't Nymphs, which is to say that they wouldn't go super-extra out of their way to include her if she didn't seem to want to be included. They'd just shrug and let her have it her way and be an outsider.
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
RA: [SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
Even with the reflex action, maybe the jolt and shock was enough to end it for him.

I don't really want it to be accidental but neither murder also as he asked for her to do it. (At least in her eyes, she might not be able to prove it that she innocent.)

Rystil Arden said:
Fairly used--since you read her dialogue with Zykovian, you may remember when she mentioned this ;)

:lol: She's more used than Molpe. ;) :p

Rystil Arden said:
Well, it could be as simple as that her master was a Praetorian Warmage who made the Plebs himself...*much* cheaper that way :)

Maybe that would have been her third master...? The original was the kind one from above who died of old age, then the one the family sold her to but her surly and hateful attitude would have gotten her in trouble… and the second master, tired of the attitude, traded her for a plebe or two with a Praetorian Warmage.

Rystil Arden said:
The bite thing wouldn't make them exclude her, but Feldori aren't Nymphs, which is to say that they wouldn't go super-extra out of their way to include her if she didn't seem to want to be included. They'd just shrug and let her have it her way and be an outsider.

I think she wouldn't really want to be around others, I see her mostly wild and uncivilized now, but she still would have half a nymph brain and want to be loved... (Which leads to a really confused girl.)
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
BS:
[SBLOCK]
I don't really want it to be accidental but neither murder also as he asked for her to do it. (At least in her eyes, she might not be able to prove it that she innocent.)
Right, he asked for the jolt to shock him into a peaceful eternal sleep.
Maybe that would have been her third master...? The original was the kind one from above who died of old age, then the one the family sold her to but her surly and hateful attitude would have gotten her in trouble… and the second master, tired of the attitude, traded her for a plebe or two with a Praetorian Warmage.
Oh, I had thought she only had the one master...The above works, except probably have the Praetorian trade something else other than Plebs--maybe money?--since they rarely will allow Plebs to fall into the hands of non-Praetorians.
I think she wouldn't really want to be around others, I see her mostly wild and uncivilized now, but she still would have half a nymph brain and want to be loved... (Which leads to a really confused girl.)
Hmm...could be very interesting :)
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
Right, he asked for the jolt to shock him into a peaceful eternal sleep.

If it was more than just a normal bite then yeah that could work...

Rystil Arden said:
Oh, I had thought she only had the one master...The above works, except probably have the Praetorian trade something else other than Plebs--maybe money?--since they rarely will allow Plebs to fall into the hands of non-Praetorians.

I would rather it be another Pleb, it helps to show her value. ;)

Rystil Arden said:
Hmm...could be very interesting :)

Glad to hear that. :)
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
RA [SBlock]Actually it looks like Keia has a Feldori character in the game, and Seeten has an Anthousa nymph already so I think I'm going to avoid people's toes and look at other concepts. [/SBlock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
BS:
[SBLOCK]
Sure :) Think of any concept you like--maybe you could bring the idea process over to the VP thread and we could all help you out, if you like :)
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Eonthar and FX:
[SBLOCK]
Nice interplay between Abdiel and Mhrazhar--keep up the great roleplaying :) (not that you don't do well all the time, but the last few posts in particular stood out for me as having taken a lot of effort and been very well-crafted :))
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads