Deuce Traveler's Sewer Rats

Fenris

Adventurer
[sblock=DT, Guunzul, Hardnose]
"Something much worse. You fellas know what the score is here? Any way to make this easier?" whispers Fergus back.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Gunzuul, Fergus and Hardnose
[sblock]
"Yeah, I'll give you some tips. Don't highlight yourself too much here, which means don't try too hard and don't totally goof it up. Just strut yourself for the ladies and hopefully you won't get rented out to one of the ones who want to 'fix you'. You put out a half-assed job and most likely you'll get rented out to a lady who just wants you to do some yard work or at worst rub her bunyans... ugh. If you foul it up entirely, you'll have to do some other labor for Mr. Sabatini, and the man can be purely diabolical. But heaven help you if you do too good of a job. If you do a good job one of the richer ladies will think you might be 'fixable' and made a decent member of society. Then it's nothing else but showing you antique momentos, trying to make you dress up, and taking you around the neighborhood. Your gents won't ever forget you in a suit, and you'll never live it down. Their all doing this for that thing in the cage," he says and points to a cloth-covered boxed shape set on top of a three-foot tall push cart that rests against the wall and forty feet from the stage. As you stare at the cloth, it ripples slightly as if something underneath caused it to move.

Suddenly music starts and Mr. Sabatini takes the stage and asks for the ladies to find their seats. The only lights that remain lit are the torches near the stage and small lanterns at each table. Somewhere in the darkness a female begins to sing.

"It's raining goblins, celebration!
It's raining goblins, celebration!
Warty goblins, strong goblins
Tough goblins, tall goblins..."
[/sblock]

Needles
[sblock]
If Needles can't figure out a way to get through the piping, he can try to track where the rest of the party went and really on stealth.
[/sblock]

OOC: Another short update tomorrow.

Boddynock

First Post
OOC: I suspect there's been too much waiting for others to act. Certainly that's the trap that I've fallen into. If we can get everybody together for a short while maybe we could make a concerted effort (it'd be a shame to waste your preparation, DT). Otherwise, shall we regroup at the pub?

ghostcat

First Post
OOC: I think that things went pair-shaped when Needles run off with the summons. This means that all the others can do is react to events and hope that either: Neddles turns up (optimistic); wait for evidence of illegal activities that will stand up in court; a realistic chance of escaping or we are released.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Needles unwraps the rope, noting the marking he made on it at the intervals. He begins tying the knots in place at each marking, making sure they are secure and large enough for the plan they had made. He then removes another leather strap, which hooks onto his belt. He then loops the leather strap around the beginning of the rope, as he prepares to go through this part of the trek.

Taking a deep breath, he allows the rope to be washed through the piping, as he then holds his breath and allows himself to follow. As he moves, the leather strap slides down the rope, as he stops at the first knot, clawing up for the grating that would allow him to breath. He repeats this process, using a second leather strap to get to the next section of rope before untying to first part. Eventually, he lands at the last grating, as he prepares to allow himself entrance into the last room that would get him closer to ending this job...

OOC - I figured he would avoid this with tying leather straps every 15 feet or so, with a knot at those intervals. Prevents him from 'falling', as the leather strap secures him to the rope and stops at each knot, since it's looped around the rope.

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
OOC: OOC: For me it was a rough end of a semester. Of course DT can trump me seven ways from Sunday with business these days:p. Anyway I was honestly somewhat flumoxed as to what to do in light of the auction. DT had a great set up. I am good to get going again though.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: To get us back on track, I am going to rule that Needles does see a loose peace of stonework with some jutted looped metal that he can tie the rope off too. Needles needs to make a DC 15 climbing check to avoid slipping and losing his grip while climbing down the cylinder. If he makes that, he will be able to work his way down the gratings as planned.

Remove ads