• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deus Ex Machina

Eryndur

Explorer
Kamma's teeth rattle in his jowls as he is shaken thoroughly by Spike. He squeals in protest. "Betrayal? Deception! No! Not me! Not Kamma! I swear, I cannot find the entrance to the First Cave! But I will! Just give me more time!"

[sblock=OOC]Dog's Sense Motive easily defeats Kamma's Bluff. Although his exact intentions are not discernable, Kamma is obviously harboring ill will toward the party.[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
" If the humanoid is an enemy agent, the proper course of action would be termination of his life, " asserts 3AC-42X, tone neutral.

Mellubb

First Post
"We do not have to kill him but, but we can not allow him to tell his friends where we are. Perhaps we cah tie him to a tree and let the animals have him. Grace those are serious dents you have I will help fix you later."

Kaodi

Hero
3AC-42X stares at Erran, confused. " I do not understand, " he says. " Why would we allow the animals and the wind to see that he expires slowly, when we can finish him now and spare him the waiting? "

Redclaw

First Post
Erran looks around in slight horror at the ease with which the warforged talk about killing a sentient being, goblin or not. Nay, we shan't let the elements get him. He is still our best chance of finding this first cave, or whatever it is that he's guiding us to. However, we need to make sure he understands that any betrayal will be the end of his life, and that he will share any fate he sends us to. Spike, can you keep a hold of him while he finds the entrance for us. If there is any sign of betrayal, let your spikes do their work. 3AC, you stay within reach of them, and if he breaks free of Spike cut him down. Here he looks at Kamma, no sign of sympathy or mercy in his eyes.

If there's anything you want to tell us, now's probably the best time. After this, anything you're holding back is a death sentence.

Zurai

First Post
Grace starts to speak as the other warforged discuss leaving the goblin helpless and exposed to the certainly-deadly elements overnight, but subsides as Erran issues a counter-order.

Instead, Grace turns to the sheer rock face and begins a meticulous search, hoping for a clue to appear. Unfortunately, Grace is a battlefield model, not meant for careful attention to detail, and turns up nothing

[sblock=OOC]Search (1d20=3). I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that fails.[/sblock]

Eryndur

Explorer
"Poor Kamma, untrusted by his new friends!" wails the goblin guide. "I don't know what I've done to deserve this strange change in behavior!"

Spike sets Kamma down, one hand remaning firmly on his shoulder. Grumbling unhappily under his breath, Kamma approaches the wall again. He laughs sarcastically when he sees Grace inspecting the rock to no avail. "Hard to find, eh Meknik? As I said, you see."

Everyone follows the goblin as he moves along the wall, finger scrabbling and searching. Suddenly, he looks up, and runs to the left a short distance. Where you could all swear that moments ago was merely featureless granite, there is now a man-sized opening into the mountain itself, admittedly cleverly hidden by a cracked section of stone. No detail of what lies inside can be discerned from outside, especially with the light failing fast. "Ah, here we are!" cries Kamma triumphantly. "You see, I can find what no others can!"

[sblock=OOC]A successful Spot check DC 20 allows you to notice that Kamma's previous mumblings and scrabbling seemed suspiciously like spellcasting, which just happened to coincide with his discovery of the cave opening.[/sblock]

Zurai

First Post
"Yes. And you can go in first as well, just to make sure there are no more surprises." Grace turns to Spike and adds, "Keep a tight grip on it." then pulls a sunrod out of its backpack and strikes it, filling the area with light.

Remove ads