D&D 4E Deva Warlord - Aurelia Warleader

Seems like a pretty straight up build. Bravura? Taclord? I don't know the character's backstory or anything much about the card... (honestly, last played M:tG in the 90's).

I mean there's this:

Deific Rallying
Warlord Attack 29
You loose a tremendous shout, giving your allies confidence and instant attacks.
Daily Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Close burst 20
Target: Each ally in the burst
Effect: Each target gains 20 temporary hit points and can make a basic attack as a free action.
Inspiring Presence: Each target gains additional temporary hit points and a bonus to the basic attack’s damage roll equal to your Charisma modifier.

Published in Martial Power, page(s) 117.
Which is pretty much what she's doing, being an angel and all.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Seems like a pretty straight up build. Bravura? Taclord? I don't know the character's backstory or anything much about the card... (honestly, last played M:tG in the 90's).
No not complex I thnk... initiative and attack granting. (even some defensive boost is there)
She is sporting full coverage plate in the Artwork... so there is that. =)

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I am definitely wondering if a variant magic the gathering could be used to play out mass combat, LOL

And it might be damn cool weird... there are already some very nice ones
like the conspiracy called "Sovereign's Realm" Which gives one a ton of power over
whether to bring a basic land into play or take your chances...

This is thematic but reminded me of One MTG variant game which worked the same it gives players a choice of stacks... one stack for land cards ( which might be seen as expanding ones influence generally taking more land) and one for creatures/etc. (aka marshalling troops)

A recent card in the Aurelia Warleader deck is called Master Warcraft which effectively allows you to control the engagements /blocking and attacking of even enemy creatures this turn. In D&D land you get to decide enemies you or your troops encounter or don't.

Zardnaar

Legend
I am definitely wondering if a variant magic the gathering could be used to play out mass combat, LOL

Mass combat system Birthright had something kinda like that. It was card+map based IIRC.

Whats the casting cost, Boros was a favourite back in the day.

FOund it. She would be around CR 18 in 5E and 4E

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Mass combat system Birthright had something kinda like that. It was card+map based IIRC.

Whats the casting cost, Boros was a favourite back in the day.

FOund it. She would be around CR 18 in 5E and 4E

Adding Map is the element that would be needed... I think it should be tied in with the land cards (which might represent controlled territory -ie the basic unit of resource) basically a way to have more tactical positioning.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Adding Map is the element that would be needed... I think it should be tied in with the land cards (which might represent controlled territory -ie the basic unit of resource) basically a way to have more tactical positioning.

This just gave me an idea for creating a map for a world (normally I just scribble some basic shapes and build something from that). Take 30 or so basic land cards shuffle them together and then deal them out into a grid like 4x4 or 3x5 and then convert the mix of islands, forests, mountains, etc into a map. Islands could represent any large body of water if falling in the centre of a land mass.

On a side note, Aurelia is CR 23 in 5e. Her stats are in the ravnica guide.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases