• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dex based melee damage?

ocmsrzr

First Post
Greetings...just a quick build question.

Is there a feat/ability/route that allows you to use a character's dex instead of Str, for melee damge purposes?

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Shadow Blade, from Tome of Battle, requires a level in Swordsage or 2 other feats and gives dex to damage in addition to str, but only with certain weapons, all of them save for the spiked chain light weapons (dagger, kama, unarmed strike, some others I forget...)

In Races of the Wild, there's an Champion of Corellon prestige class for Elves that lets you add dex to melee damage, too.

EDIt: Ninja'd.

Also, this thread USED to be awesome, but wotc's cluster:):):):) of a site reorganization seems to have left it very hard to read.

Last edited:

Bartman84

First Post
There is a book called Feats, put out by Alderac Entertainment Group, it is D20, but I think it is 3.0 edition. In it is a feat called Superior Finesse, which does exactly what you are looking for. I do not know if the feat can be found in any WotC books, but if your DM allows other books like it then you should be good

maransreth

Explorer
Bad Axe Games - Heroes of High Favour - Elves has a feat called Exquisite Grace that allows Dex instead of Str.

I think the prereqs are Weapon Finesse and BAB +6.

Philip Reed Games Feats for high level fighters supplement (cant remember the name of the book) also has a feat, but it has higher prereqs.

shadyizok

Explorer
Hmm, Drow of the Underdark has a fighter variant that gives you dex on damage if the target is flanked/flatfooted (in addition to +2 init. It does cost you your heavy armour proficiency though..)

Remove ads