• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dexter Season 3

Krug

Newshound
Yeah. I'm still a little unconvinced that Dexter would let anyone get as close as Miguel does. But at least the series is still slowly picking up steam, with the stakes getting a little bit higher each time.

Krug

Newshound
The series has an almost sitcom like feel these days. The 'problem' of the day is resolved within the episode, such as with last week's ep. There's still the overall story arc, but that's still mainly in the background. An interesting change of pace.

Yeah. I'm still a little unconvinced that Dexter would let anyone get as close as Miguel does. But at least the series is still slowly picking up steam, with the stakes getting a little bit higher each time.

Dexter is far to sympathetic to be "realistic" as a serial killer. Of course, the entire premise of the "code" given by his father to channel his murdering urges is already ... stretched. But, well, I don't really want to think about whether a sympathetic serial killer doing good deeds with evil methods is realistic.

But the show is immensely enjoyable. ;)

Krug

Newshound
I read the first book and frankly I wasn't impressed. The first season did a better job of putting things together.

As for episode 8... oh Dexter, you created a monster!
[sblock]
I'm sure it's probably going to come down to a Dexter vs Miguel showdown, as Miguel starts enjoying killing a little too much.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Pants

First Post
Holy crap, Jimmy Smits is awesome.

Dexter is easily the best show on television right now. Great cast, great writing, great plotting.

Krug

Newshound
Holy crap, Jimmy Smits is awesome.

Dexter is easily the best show on television right now. Great cast, great writing, great plotting.

Yeap! Man love how it all comes together. The stakes are rising with each episode, and it's a slow boil.

[sblock]
I'm guessing the Skinner will go after Deb after she humiliated him during the interrogation, and good ole Dex and Miguel will be save the day, though Dex will off Miguel somehow.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads