• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dexter Season 3

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'm loving this season so far, but I'm a bit disappointed that the episode I watched tonight wasn't the season finale.

Instead, we're given a foreshadowing of the next episode and a voiceover talking about the last 2 episodes of the season...and what lies ahead for next season.

It kind of saps the tension out of the final 90 seconds of the episode.:erm:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I'm loving this season so far, but I'm a bit disappointed that the episode I watched tonight wasn't the season finale.

Instead, we're given a foreshadowing of the next episode and a voiceover talking about the last 2 episodes of the season...and what lies ahead for next season.

It kind of saps the tension out of the final 90 seconds of the episode.:erm:

I turn off the DVR at the end of the episode, proper, and avoid commercials and online spoilers. I found that most show teasers give away too much or concoct red herrings or false leads that are a meta-game I do not wish to play.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I suspected there might be some like you about, which is why I was as circumspect in my post as I was.

Still, even knowing that there are 2 more episodes still weakens the dramatic impact of how this episode ended.

Felon

First Post
I was almost feeling sorry for Miguel, who I thought was out of his league with Dexter, but he made a bold move that has knocked him up several notches in my book.

As always, a superlative episode in a superlative series.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I suspected there might be some like you about, which is why I was as circumspect in my post as I was.

Still, even knowing that there are 2 more episodes still weakens the dramatic impact of how this episode ended.

Thanks and I agree with your second point but that seems unavoidable unless you can find someone who will monitor schedules and only let you know when a new episode is available. Hmmm...

Once again, just an awesome episode. This will be interesting.

Knowing that they have more episodes coming might weaken the impact of this episodes cliffhanger a little bit - but if this is our current cliffhanger, this might just mean the next episodes might even be more kick-ass. ;)
[/optimist]

DonTadow

First Post
I have been wanting to contribute this forum for two weeks. Dexter Season 1 sat on my computer for a few months and I really didn't think the show was going to be as good as Ive heard. Honestly, best week and a half my wife and i have spent watching tv in some time.

Without a doubt the best written show on television. The series is starting to unravel what I thought, that we see two individuals, Dexter and his sister, each season, strive to find someone to be close to despite their opposite personalities and different ways of doing it. I am so impressed. Afte rwatching season 2 i really didn't think they could do another comparable season but so far they did. I like what they've done to Jimmy Smits. I do buy Dexter letting someone get that close to him. I think its good to remember that, what we hear, is Dexter's conscious, and i think that throughout the show its been proven that there will always be the conflict of who he has been taught to be, who he wants to be and who he really is.

Krug

Newshound
Ah things come to a head. [sblock]Though I am a bit disappointed at Miguel and that he didn't last one more ep. Also found it hard to swallow that LaGuerta would leave her key under a plant just outside her house. Even if it was Dexter who placed it there was a little hard to believe that a single policewoman would do that. [/sblock]

But looking forward to the next ep and how it all ties up. Will there be a happy ending for Mr Morgan?

Last edited:

Felon

First Post
I'm not sure I love the big fake-out that we got at the start of the last episode. It would have been pretty interesting to see Dexter in the hot seat for once.

Krug

Newshound
Oh man what a great season, and you see the seeds planted for the next couple of seasons at least. Yes, Dexter makes a clean escape at the end of every season, but still, this was an utterly enthralling season; possibly even better than the first.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads