DF PDF update. Please post what needs to be included.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
This doc is almost 1 yr out of date and needs a drastic overhaul. Anyone available to do this? Should we turn back to the umbria folk to do this or can we do this 'in house'?

Last edited:

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
LRonKnieval said:
You can kick that ball into my court,
Its no problem for me, just send me the source material and I can put it into PDF.

take the old .pdf and add in the new material...i am looking for the source material but i cannot find it..it's nowhere to be found..i have been trying to edit this .pdf but i cannot find a good editor to edit the .pdf so now it looks like we might as well overhaul the whole thing and start from scratch..

LRonKnieval

First Post
Hmmm.
problem is I don't know/ don't have access to all the new stuff.
Lemme convert everything into a workable format first then I'll send you a copy.
I'd propose making it shorter and sweeter though.

Lets make a basic rules/setting book and leave the hardcore details seperate for two reasons.
1. I'd like to keep the downloadable version a reasonable size and it allows us to edit it easier (lets say annually)
2. the other information changes almost daily, we could do that as seperate downloads (either PDF or in MS word and appleworks formats (I'm a mac man so I'll make sure everything is cross platformed.

in anycase, i'll let you know when I'm done.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
LRonKnieval said:
Hmmm.
problem is I don't know/ don't have access to all the new stuff.
Lemme convert everything into a workable format first then I'll send you a copy.
I'd propose making it shorter and sweeter though.

Lets make a basic rules/setting book and leave the hardcore details seperate for two reasons.
1. I'd like to keep the downloadable version a reasonable size and it allows us to edit it easier (lets say annually)
2. the other information changes almost daily, we could do that as seperate downloads (either PDF or in MS word and appleworks formats (I'm a mac man so I'll make sure everything is cross platformed.

in anycase, i'll let you know when I'm done.
wonderful idea...

Now for divying it up into 2 parts why? I know that some parts change daily, but right now we have the core setting information done. We detail the strongholds and the PC building and some of the classes but leave off the new material that we are working on mostly the cities and the fiendlord realms. We make that the main product and the build on add-ons when neccessary and then recomplie when needed.

So 2 books:
1. Setting info: Strongholds, PC Building info, PrC's, etc.
2. Other Material: Monsters, cities that are not strongholds with patrons, fiendlord domains, magic items, etc.

Take a mindset similar to the PHB and the DMG. With a combo like that i think that would work. The PHB version won't change or change very seldom, but the DMG can be revised until perfect then pull out the extra material if neccessary and build another book (book of cities, book of monsters, fiendlord realms book, etc.).

Questions, comments, concerns?

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Lichtenhart said:
Shouldn't we include magic rules and classes in the basic one? Ah and domains too?

This all fits under the PC Creation section. We can use the PHB type info for the 'gods'. A simple who it is, what domains it uses, and a brief bio on them.

Magic rules? Which ones?

Lichtenhart

First Post
Leopold said:

Magic rules? Which ones?

I was referring to Imperialus' thread.

I remember a domains thread in the old boards. There were great ideas, but I don't know if patrons and fiendlords were updated after that. Do you still have it?

Remove ads