• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diablo III

I see previews of Diablo III are up. Any comments?

I didn't play the original Diablos, so I know nothing about the gameplay, but the graphics & gameplay on this look neat. Anyone know if it's actually a CRPG, or just a click & slash fest?

drothgery

First Post
Well, if it's anything like D1 and 2, it's probably a click'n'slash-fest.

A fun, addictive click'n'slash-fest :)

Yeah. Probably the only PC game I might actually buy. If Blizzard keeps the habbit of fairly modest system requirements, or there's enough lead time from the announcement to release that I can replace my vintage late 2006 laptop with a vintage late 2009 laptop, anyway. Or they do something completely un-Blizzardlike and release an Xbox 360 version.

Wisdom Penalty

First Post
D3 will be the game that forces me to buy a new computer. Been putting it off for some time.

D1 and D2 were great. I expect more of the same with D3.

Wis

Flash_Plasma

First Post
sneaky crap, I lazily entered 2001 as my birthdate, now I cant watch the vids

on another note, I can't see what I'm typing in the text box very well

Cat Moon

Banned
Banned
The first Diablo was awesome, I've beat it six times before I got bored with it, and that was with the official expansion pack.

Two was okay, but I found it to be lacking in places. I grew bored with it relatively quickly. I hope three goes back to the games roots.

Verdande

First Post
Part of me was a bit worried they'd go full on MMO with it.

I doubt that blizzard would create World of Diablocraft, since they currently own the MMO market with World of Warcraft.

That said, I'm excited for Diablo 2. I have many a memory of staying up way, way later than I should have to grind with a buddy or two over LAN. Hack and slash clickfests are the best things for late-night gaming.

Also, Necromancer ftw.

Remove ads