Diabolist

GLazelle

First Post
Hi all,

So, one of my players has decided she wantsto play a diabolist... I'm cool with that, but she's taken the imp exploit, and the rules are a bit vague about what she gets for that. Thoughts?

I was going to generate a fairly weak and small mischevious demon that she can use for scouting, fetching and carrying and other menial tasks, perhaps about grade 3 - does thatsound about right?

As for summoning (yes, she wants summoning too) the book is fairly thin on "low-level" demons - I was thinking of creating a couple of fairly generic demons - perhaps a demon steed and demon footsoldier? Does that seem like a good way forwards?

She took abjuration, but I don't think she has hex, so she's going to have to negotiate favours which'll be fun!

IIRC, she won't detect as evil because of the free will clause? Relavent as one of the other party members has innate evil sense...

Sent from my K011 using Tapatalk

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, the Bestiary isn't out yet. For the imp, I would use the Woodland Creature stats for now, but make it Evil. The imp will likely appear on the online Bestiary before the book comes out.

For the summoning - yep, creating some demons sounds like an excellent way forward!

She won't detect as evil unless she somehow gains the Evil virtue.

GLazelle

First Post
I grabbed the imp from the Bestiary and put it up on the online bestiary under Demons.
Many thanks for that,

As a sidenote (and I was pondering this whilst creating creatures), is there a rule covering how die caps work with monsters?

For example, the imp has a cap of 3d6, but right off the bat perception is 5d6 -> 3d6. Would it not be simpler to simply omit the perception skill?

GLazelle

First Post
She won't detect as evil unless she somehow gains the Evil virtue.

Just to clarify, by "gains the evil virtue", you do not mean "gains the secret of the evil virtue"?

It's kind of redundant in a way, as her imp will detect as evil anyway...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just to clarify, by "gains the evil virtue", you do not mean "gains the secret of the evil virtue"?

No, gaining a virtue means you detect as that virtue. If you gain the evil virtue you are no longer free-willed, you are evil. And vice versa. Demons and undead have the evil virtue.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Many thanks for that,

As a sidenote (and I was pondering this whilst creating creatures), is there a rule covering how die caps work with monsters?

For example, the imp has a cap of 3d6, but right off the bat perception is 5d6 -> 3d6. Would it not be simpler to simply omit the perception skill?

You keep the original scores there in case you need them for something. What if you were playing Cartoon Mode (from EONS) which has no dice cap? Or for something you needed a minimum perception score as a prerequisite.

Remove ads