• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dice Hold'em Tournament

FickleGM

Explorer
John Crichton said:
Was he a largish asian dude?
I believe that the guy you're describing played in TU's Wednesday M&M Mars invasion game. The guy who played poker with was with him, but didn't play in that game. I think that he went and got food while we were playing in TU's game...

John Crichton

First Post
FickleGM said:
I believe that the guy you're describing played in TU's Wednesday M&M Mars invasion game. The guy who played poker with was with him, but didn't play in that game. I think that he went and got food while we were playing in TU's game...
Oh, okay. So he was the dude who appeared to be in his early twenties and may have been on steroids but refused to drink, being underage and all?

FickleGM

Explorer
John Crichton said:
Oh, okay. So he was the dude who appeared to be in his early twenties and may have been on steroids but refused to drink, being underage and all?
Well, unlike you, I didn't see him naked, so I can't comment on his physical prowess...but, I think we're thinking of the same guy. ;)

FickleGM

Explorer
Thursday evening (8ish) would work the best for me, since it would give me a chance to get the Pitcher O'Dice from the exhibit hall first...

Chaldfont

First Post
If I remember, that mug-o-dice was around 5-10 bucks.

We wouldn't necessarily have to do a tourney either. We could do a sit-n-go. That's where you put some chips (er, I mean dice) on the table and play with what you have. It's your typical No Limit, so you can't lose what you don't buy in with. Anyone can start or stop at any time as long as there's room at the table.

What we did back in '04 and '05 was to have everyone start with 50 dice. The dice stand in for chips and they all have equal value. The blinds start at 1/2 and increased according to a schedule I worked out for the time slot. Everything else is run just as a typical No-Limit Texas Holdem tourney. I had a Yahoo Group set up with the rules and everything.

It gets really nuts when the blinds are up to 25/50 and you have to push all those dice around!

Remove ads