Dice roller issues

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
I've been using ENWorld's dice roller for my pbp for a while. I've found two bugs to report. Sorry if they're already known. I've check them in current versions of Chrome, Firefox, and IE.

The first is that when I click the "Save and add more!" button the roll isn't listed on the right side of the screen in the "Pending Die Rolls" section. However, if I reload the page it is listed. Then if I add another roll the entire "Pending Die Rolls" section is empty again. The rolls are definitely stored, they're just not showing under "Pending". There's an ajax javascript library listed in the page, so I'm assuming there's an error in how ajax is updating the "pending" area.

The second is that the "Favorite Die Rolls" don't work. I can save any rolls and they show up on the page, but clicking the "Roll" or "Add" buttons under them doesn't add or roll the favorite roll. Looking at the page source it looks like each favorite roll is its own form with all the same fields as the Dice Roller form on the left, but in favorite rolls they're hidden. It looks like the bug is that for the favorite rolls the fields for how many of each type of die should be rolled are all set to zero. I've written a Chrome extension that reads the number of dice from roll's description (right above the buttons) and updates the hidden fields. When I use it the favorite rolls all work, so I think this is the issue.

I'm assuming everyone has these problems. If you're not please let me know and I'll try to figure out what's going on.

Remove ads