• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Did anyone here come into gaming *through* computers?

Solarious

Explorer
I started more traditionally... at the library. On my frequent trips there, I spotted copies of the Dragon magazine in the back, and read them occasionally from time to time. Of course, I was still playing with computers and video games, but then I found Baldur's Gate. Then Baldur's Gate 2. Then I noticed the 3rd edition comming out, and things began to roll downhill from there...

der_kluge

Adventurer
Today at our local Meetup, a new guy brought his (15? year old) daughter who wanted him to run her and some of her friends in a game of D&D.

Apparently, she'd gotten into it through Baldur's Gate and NeverWinter Nights.

It's funny, she had a 3-ring binder that the guy showed me, and she'd created her very own alt-Bard class. She decided that bard sucked, and needed a revision.

Haha! Not even playing yet, and she's already figured out the bard sucks. There is hope for a new generation after all!!

vongarr

First Post
Warhammer : Shadow of the Horned Rat was had me interested in hobby gaming. Through that I guess it opened me up to the idea of RPG. So kinda, yeah.

The Cardinal

First Post
My first rpg-experience was playing Secret of the Silver Blades, Ultima6, and Champions of Krynn...
...Then I
went to university
met real-life pen&paper roleplayers
bought Shadowrun2e and BTRC's WarpWorld
created my own sourcebook for Europe in the WarpWorld setting (since the corebook had only info about North America)
started to GM my own game...

Jack99

Adventurer
der_kluge said:
I'm really more interested in people who played EQ or WoW and then moved into Tabletop stuff. I haven't seen anyone mention those yet. Quite a number of votes for BG and NWN, though, so that's pretty surprising.

I came back to DnD after playing EQ and WoW for 6-7 years, does that count?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads