Dieties and Alignments

warderbrad

Explorer
Hi all, I am sorry if this has been asked before but I could not find the info. I am making a paladin and I wanted to make sure that my alignment was right. I was hoping to worship Apoli (seems like Pelor). I used the fact that Pelor is Good as a basis for my character's Good alignment. Where can I find the alignments of the gods for this purpose.

Halford

First Post
Welcome aboard warderbrad, Wheel of Time fan? Hope you find a god you enjoy, there is plenty of room for you to develop your chosen deity.

warderbrad

Explorer
Welcome aboard warderbrad, Wheel of Time fan? Hope you find a god you enjoy, there is plenty of room for you to develop your chosen deity.
Thanks I am hoping to be able to contribute and expand the things written. And yes I am a big fan of WOT

I have looked here, however there is no info about alignments of the gods that I have seen. If it is there it is not noticeable. It would be nice to have it be part of the table with the god's names

garyh

First Post
We didn't really worry about specific alignments for specific deities. Our biggest focus on the pantheon was to avoid obvious "bad guy" gods. Even Lauto/Hadeys has a lot of non-evil depth. Consequently, one of the few places where alignment still has a mechanical effect - paladins and clerics - is more nebulous. We've also tried making it so different cultures have different interpretations of the gods. For example there's a dragonborn paladin (Skalisss) who worships Netari as a great blue dragon of the oceans, and is good.

All that said, I'd say - have your character worship Apoli, and explain what Apoli means to your character and his culture. Whatever alignment works for that is great.

covaithe

Explorer
I concur. With the exception of Hadeys/Lauto (who seems to be evolving into "cheerfully unaligned"), none of the other deities are well defined enough to be tied to a particular alignment yet. I think it's perfectly reasonable to pick a deity you like the sounds of, elaborate a bit on how that deity is perceived by / interacts with your character's homeland, and pick whatever alignment suits that interaction best. In particular, I think it's fine to have a paladin worshipping Apoli.

Atanatotatos

First Post
:D :D

However, if I may throw my two cents: depending on the culture your character is from, warderbrad, he might follow a god that has a different name, differents aspects, but shares many similarities with Apoli (or Phoebus) and has been identified with it, since the two most prominent pantheons in the world are, supposedly, the Allarian one (Apoli), and the Imperium's (Phoebus, is, indeed, more or less Apoli's local version, if memory serves right).
The setting, I dare say, is still in construction (and I hope it will be all the way), so there's space if you want to expand it.

Remove ads