• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Digital Seed - Season 1, Pilot (Cyberpunk M&M PbP)

Evil Ujio

First Post
Elfy said:
Kirala’s tail bounces slightly up and down on the seating beside her, but her face doesn’t show her dislike of the job proposal as she smiles continuously at Adam. She cheerfully reiterates, "Weight?" and adds, "Fifteen protectors plus more not 'light security'. Myah. Not normally 'retain' package. Dangerous. $50,000 fee each day package retained. Myah." She looks towards Kluge and Harô to see if she can tell if they are in agreement with her or not. She really doesn't care to hold onto cargo any longer than it takes to transport it, so she's already doesn't care much for the proposal.

Adam replies, “I can’t authorize 50,000 a day, but I am prepared to pay you half up front now and half upon completion of the job. I was led to believe that with your skills, you could easily bypass security in place, perhaps I was mistaken?”

threshel

First Post
Kluge

“Adam, you are missing the point.” Irritation is beginning to show on the young hackers face. "Security isn't a big deal. I agree with Kirala that your description isn't accurate, but it's no big deal." Kluge leans forward in order to gain the android's full attention. "I'll put this plainly, so you can process it. It's obvious your programming lacks deductive algorithms. First, in any job, time equals exposure equals risk. We expect to be compensated for that risk, especially since our exposure is out of our control. During that exposure, we have to hide the package. This is a large package with unknown properties. It may be satellite traceable, for all we know. Since you can’t or won’t tell us any more about it, we have to make much more elaborate preparations, which are more costly for us, and more likely to fail. This isn’t like hiding diamonds or data. This thing you want is bigger than a 55-gallon drum, and you can’t even tell us how long we need to hold it." Kluge leans back, and looks around the table. "You know what I think? They’re trying to set us up. We grab the package and sit on it, while they watch to make sure we outlast any tracking and recovery protocols."
Kluge takes a sip of his drink and sighs. “If that’s the job, fine, but it will cost you more than a mere 150 large. Don’t try to understate the job to save you money. If we were afraid of risk, we wouldn’t be in the profession we are."

Evil Ujio

First Post
threshel said:
“Adam, you are missing the point.” Irritation is beginning to show on the young hackers face. "Security isn't a big deal. I agree with Kirala that your description isn't accurate, but it's no big deal." Kluge leans forward in order to gain the android's full attention. "I'll put this plainly, so you can process it. It's obvious your programming lacks deductive algorithms. First, in any job, time equals exposure equals risk. We expect to be compensated for that risk, especially since our exposure is out of our control. During that exposure, we have to hide the package. This is a large package with unknown properties. It may be satellite traceable, for all we know. Since you can’t or won’t tell us any more about it, we have to make much more elaborate preparations, which are more costly for us, and more likely to fail. This isn’t like hiding diamonds or data. This thing you want is bigger than a 55-gallon drum, and you can’t even tell us how long we need to hold it." Kluge leans back, and looks around the table. "You know what I think? They’re trying to set us up. We grab the package and sit on it, while they watch to make sure we outlast any tracking and recovery protocols."
Kluge takes a sip of his drink and sighs. “If that’s the job, fine, but it will cost you more than a mere 150 large. Don’t try to understate the job to save you money. If we were afraid of risk, we wouldn’t be in the profession we are."

Adam sighs and removes his spectacles for a moment as if to think his words over, “Alright, you make a logical point, my employer is prepared to offer you all $300,000 for the task in total, I hope that will assuage your worries. This would be our final offer, I hope it is amicable?”

Elfy

First Post
Kirala

Kirala continues to smile, but asks for the third time, "Weight, Myo?" Her tail bounces up and down slightly on the seat beside her. She looks from Kluge to Harô and back to Adam again as she waits for her information. While she didn’t particularly like the job, the additional financial terms made it more palatable to her and it looks like her companions were in agreement, but she needed the item’s weight to better plan how to transport it before agreeing to the job. She’s a bit surprised that Harô is being so quiet, but perhaps he’s lost in thought about what all can go wrong with the job since retaining the package will be more risky than just dropping it off as soon as they acquire it. As it is, she may not be able to fit the item in her car and may have to secure a van or similarly larger capacity vehicle to complete the job. And there is still the question of the particulars of how and where to securely store the package. She asks, "Special storage requirements - like cold temperature, mah?" She smiles cutely.

Evil Ujio

First Post
Elfy said:
Kirala continues to smile, but asks for the third time, "Weight, Myo?" Her tail bounces up and down slightly on the seat beside her. She looks from Kluge to Harô and back to Adam again as she waits for her information. While she didn’t particularly like the job, the additional financial terms made it more palatable to her and it looks like her companions were in agreement, but she needed the item’s weight to better plan how to transport it before agreeing to the job. She’s a bit surprised that Harô is being so quiet, but perhaps he’s lost in thought about what all can go wrong with the job since retaining the package will be more risky than just dropping it off as soon as they acquire it. As it is, she may not be able to fit the item in her car and may have to secure a van or similarly larger capacity vehicle to complete the job. And there is still the question of the particulars of how and where to securely store the package. She asks, "Special storage requirements - like cold temperature, mah?" She smiles cutely.
"Oh, I apologize, the weight is approximately 82 Kilos," Adam replies, "I am sure you will find a way to accomodate that amount, so am I to beleive that we have come to an agreement?"

Elfy

First Post
Kirala

Kirala looks towards the others and, perceiving that they are in agreement, she again faces Adam and says to him while smiling cutely, "Myah. Sí. Please provide us," as she nods with her head indicating she means specifically Kluge before she continues, "the down payment, the address, and the other details. Mayh."

She continues to smile cutely towards Adam while waiting for their exchange.

threshel

First Post
Kluge

"Write nothing down. I will remember whatever you tell me." Kluge states matter-of-factly. "We will accept the downpayment in the anonymous form of your preference."

Evil Ujio

First Post
threshel said:
"Write nothing down. I will remember whatever you tell me." Kluge states matter-of-factly. "We will accept the downpayment in the anonymous form of your preference."

Adam nods and reaches to the back of his neck and pulls out a fiber optic line and extends it to Kluge, “Speaking Is such a flawed version of conversation, this will be much faster don’t you think?”

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads