Dire Lemming: something seems medically wrong with me. I may post slowly for while.

Dire Lemming

First Post
To anyone this may concern.

For some reason I woke up this morning after after admittedly not enough sleep and I suddenly can't control me right arm properly and it's not going back to normal so. So I'm probably gonna go to the hospital to see if I can figure out what's wrong if it lasts much longer.

The muscles in my arm from the shoulder down are completely numb while the skin still feels relatively normal, but my arm doesn't respond normally when I try to move it.

Anyone got any ideas while my dad talks to the doctor? It's not scary, but it is really really weird.

Shayuri

First Post
Um. It sounds scary to ME.

Anything involving numbness or muscle control sounds like nerve damage...though it could just be a pinched nerve or spinal misalignment, which can be fixed without too much trouble.

Good luck, man!

Graybeard

Explorer
It could be lots of things. I had a similar problem years ago that turned out to be a frozen shoulder joint. I couldn't move my arm except at the wrist or elbow. The doctor gave me some exercises and large ibuprofens to take. It was better in less than a week. Good luck though. I hope it's nothing serious.

Zurai

First Post
Shayuri said:
Um. It sounds scary to ME.
+1,000. I was scared when my right arm felt like it was half-asleep no matter how I positioned it or my body, and that only lasted a few hours. Not being able to move my arm would terrify me.

Here's hoping it's not as scary as it sounds to me.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Well I went to the ER and they said that's it's probably nothing serious. I apparently just need rest and stuff. It's annoying though. Most of my arm has recovered but my elbow is still acting odd and my thumb is totally numb, even though I can move it fine. Also, I apparently don't have diabetes.

possum

First Post
Well. the diabetes--lack thereof--is really good. It does sound very concerning, though, though they more than likely know what they're talking about.

Starman

Adventurer
Well, when my right arm started going numb (it would come and go) and then my right leg, too, it turned out to be multiple sclerosis. I hope it's nothing that serious for you.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Honestly, try going to a chiropractor.

You might be surprised what they can fix.
It could be a spinal alignment issues or a pinched nerve or something like that.

A chiropractor could lay some serious smack down on something like that, and not even break a daily to take care of it, most likely just one of his at-wills.

You will want to find a good one, as some will just do the snap-and-crack and send you on your way. Find one that will perform an X-ray. You will get the most of one that actually is there to figure it out instead of processing the drive through.

Just a thought.

Remove ads