• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Disable the blog bar to the Left of the screen?

Holy Bovine

First Post
Well, yes. Everyone prefers sites to have no advertising and hand out free candy with every click! It's about getting a realistic balance.

This begs the question - how many subscribers & advertisers would ENWorld need to give out free candy with every click? :hmm:

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I can't see any ads or sidebars *at all* in that screenshot?
- Neither screenshot has ads or sidebars (so WTF are you talking about).
- One of the screenshots still too much pointlessly wasted space for my tastes.

Hope that helps, -- N

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Well, yes. Everyone prefers sites to have no advertising and hand out free candy with every click! It's about getting a realistic balance.
I would actually like some unobtrusive way of learning about the existence of new products, but my only options are:
- no ads; or
- LOUD FLASHING CRAP IN YOUR FACE (plus Evony).

Unlike your "free candy" thing, this is a genuine dichotomy.

Heh. I also had the icon bar removed at some point, but kinda like them now. :)
Humans can acclimate to almost anything, can't we.

I also took out some of the pointless margins. That's actually what gives me the best return in terms of my pixel-to-content ratio.

Cheers, -- N

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
- Neither screenshot has ads or sidebars (so WTF are you talking about).
- One of the screenshots still too much pointlessly wasted space for my tastes.

Hope that helps, -- N

You've completely confused me, I'm afraid. I asked for screenshots of the amount of space ads were taking up in the margins of people with smaller screens than mine, since people were saying the forums were now unusable. Your screenshots have no sidebars, so I'm unclear what you mean?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
You've completely confused me, I'm afraid. I asked for screenshots of the amount of space ads were taking up in the margins of people with smaller screens than mine, since people were saying the forums were now unusable. Your screenshots have no sidebars, so I'm unclear what you mean?
Well, I was responding to Thanee, so I have no idea why you would think my response had anything to do with you.

However, you seem to be asking (in a very roundabout way) for a screenshot, so here you go:

-- N

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, I was responding to Thanee, so I have no idea why you would think my response had anything to do with you.
--

The reason I thought, perfectly reasonably, that it might have something to do with me is because (a) it's in a thread directed at me regarding EN World's layout; and (b) it's a post of a screenshot and follows my request for screenshots. There's no need for snarky comments.

Let's stop the smug comments immediately, please. If you can't be polite, don't post. EN World's rules apply even when you're talking to me; especially so, since the likelihood of them going unnoticed is slim indeed in this particular scenario.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads