Discussion - General Discussion Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana's been done with her adventure for a few weeks, and is in wrapup. If she leaves instead of continuing on, that will work. Might work ok anyway, as that might reunite her with Rowan.

Bront

The man with the probe
Oh, and RA, e-mail me at work about that Festival tie in. I think I know where you might be going, but that should be fun. I would like to aim it at L1 adventurers though, as that's the specific idea of what the merchant likes to do.

Velmont

First Post
New items avalaible at di Senzio's Magical Shop:

Code:
[B]Item				Quantity	Price (in gp)[/B]
[U]Divine Scrolls[/U]
Cure Moderate Wounds		    2		   120
Delay Poison			    1		   120

[U]Arcane Scrolls[/U]
Ashnar's Mark    		    5		    20
Ray of Enfeeblement		    1		    20
Invisibility			    1		   120
Scorching Ray			    2		   120

[U]Potions[/U]
Hides from Animals		    1		    40

[U]Rings[/U]
Ring of Protection +1		    1		  1600

[U]Weapons[/U]
Rapier +1	  		    1		  1850

[U]Wonderous Items[/U]
Cloak of Elvenkind	    	    1		  2000

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Nope--market price is still 150 GP, even when made by a Bard (at a greater creation cost). Don't you love the market? ;)

nope, it is worth 200gp, look here, in the 2nd level arcane scroll.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Velmont said:
nope, it is worth 200gp, look here, in the 2nd level arcane scroll.
Interesting. They must consider it a separate item, an exception to the normal rules. Either that or the chart guy didn't know the rules. Probably it's an exception.

orsal

LEW Judge
Rystil Arden said:
Interesting. They must consider it a separate item, an exception to the normal rules. Either that or the chart guy didn't know the rules. Probably it's an exception.

It is a separate item, per RAW. From the rules for scrolls:
To have any chance of activating a scroll spell, the scroll user must meet the following requirements.

* The spell must be of the correct type (arcane or divine). Arcane spellcasters (wizards, sorcerers, and bards) can only use scrolls containing arcane spells, and divine spellcasters (clerics, druids, paladins, and rangers) can only use scrolls containing divine spells. (The type of scroll a character creates is also determined by his or her class.)
* The user must have the spell on his or her class list.
* The user must have the requisite ability score.

(Emphasis added.)

So a CLW scroll written by a bard is in an essential way different from one written by a cleric or druid. In this respect scrolls are unlike wands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads