(Discussion) General Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyh

First Post
Thels said:
Isn't a Judge a person who takes a global overview of the game and cares about the core, while a DM handles specific quests?

One other thing, I think a Judge needs to be appointed to check out the character sheets as they're being created and take note of any errors, warning the player about the errors.

Good point, Thels. Do we have volunteers? I'm commenting as I catch up, so if someone has already volunteered, great! :)

garyh

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
That's what gary said... I think you might be a little late for making a deity. :(

We'll add more dieties in a day or two. I just wanted us to hold for bit where we are so we can catch up.

garyh

First Post
Macbeth said:
Here's my avatar/deity, I think Verdante is fairly self explanatory, but if you need me to clarify or revise, I would be happy too.

Verdante
"ver-dant-eh"
The Greenman, Keeper of the Cycle

Looks good, I'll add him to the Pantheon!

garyh

First Post
Macbeth said:
And, on a slightly different topic, any news on getting our own forum? I think that if the first few days are any sign that this is going to really take off, and could take up too much space in the IC and OOC forums.

Not yet, but I'll see what I can do. This is taking faster than I'll bet even creamsteak imagined.

garyh

First Post
Tailspinner, Velmont - we won't add your deities to the Pantheon just yet, but we will consider them when we start taking more suggestions. Thanks!

Thels

First Post
garyh said:
Good point, Thels. Do we have volunteers? I'm commenting as I catch up, so if someone has already volunteered, great! :)

No volunteers so far. I might volunteer. Things in the RG should slow down after the initial group of people joining.

garyh

First Post
WizWrm said:
Some of these might already have been answered, but....

1) Are we using the standard Manual of the Planes cosmology with no alterations (besides deities)?

2) How much does the standard character know about the cosmology? For example: Are they aware (to a greater or lesser degree, of course, depending on their profession and studies) of all the different planes? Do they know they will go to their deities' home plane when they die, or do they just think of it as 'heaven'? Do they know deities aren't all-powerful and all-knowing?

3) Is Sigil/Union being used?

1 - I've assumed Manual of the Planes for clarity. We may make changes later.

2 - The average character knows there are gods, and that their patron diety will get tabs on their soul. That's all, I believe.

3 - It so far isn't *not* being used, but plane hopping is a ways away. We'll see.

garyh

First Post
Macbeth said:
Given th results of the poll on Verdante's alignment so far (I'm not finished waitingg for responses yet) I would say that Verdante MAY end up True N with a considerable amount of Good aligned followers. I think thats a good fit for the concept, and it makes him a god for all druids.

If you change your mind on the alignment, I'll alter it in the Pantheon thread.

Macbeth

First Post
Do we have volunteers?

I'll do it if you don't have anybody else. I assume you mean the idea of having somebody look over all of the characters? I can do this if you like.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Macbeth said:

I'll do it if you don't have anybody else. I assume you mean the idea of having somebody look over all of the characters? I can do this if you like.

Yup, that's what I was referring to. That'd be great, MacBeth! Thank. :)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads